Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2017 04:00

M.2 ssd upgrade for inspiron 7559

I want to add an m.2 ssd to my inspiron 7559, and was wondering how I can add it without warranty issues. Will installing an m.2 ssd to my system void the warranty of my laptop? If then how can i get it installed without any warranty issues. I bought my laptop in India. I did not find any document regarding the limitations of the warranty. Please help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 22nd, 2017 05:00

You won't void the warranty - all that's needed is to remove the base cover (exactly as if you were upgrading memory).

The M.2 drive needs to be SATA - NOT PCIe/NVMe.   You'll also need a screw to secure the drive (which likely won't be installed in the system by default).

1 Message

April 3rd, 2017 06:00

I too have the exact same system and am looking for an M.2 SSD for it. It appears to be M keyed. I noticed on another site that a B & M keyed SSD was used and recommended. I'm just wondering what the difference is, outside of where the notch is? And does it make a difference which key type is used. Basically i'm asking specifically which M.2 key type works in this system?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 3rd, 2017 07:00

Most SATA M.2 drives are B+M keyed.  The important thing is that the drive be SATA.  The system will not recognize a PCIe/NVMe drive.

No Events found!