Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2016 23:00

M1330 Broadcom drivers for Win 7 32-bit

I want to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 32-bit on my old M1330.

Microsoft Upgrade Analyzer says I need to download/save a new driver for Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet before I upgrade to Win 7 then install Win 7, and then finally update the Broadcom driver from the saved file.

I can't find the specific Win 7 Broadcom driver on the Dell site and I can't determine which driver to download from the Broadcom site.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 

16.7K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 11:00

Uncle_Glen,

The computer has the Broadcom® BCM5906M 10/100 Integrated Ethernet in the system. You can search Support.dell.com for the driver or if needed do a google search for a possible more updated one.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse ;L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 13:00

Jesse,

Thanks for your reply. I'm dense, so you have to be more specific. All of my searches (Dell, Broadcom, or Google) provide too many alternatives, so I'm not sure what to download. None of the Dell returns are XPS compatible. The Broadcom searches never lists BCM5906M. Their lists include variations on BCM 57**.

My tag is H8DS8F1. My M1330 currently has Vista and I want to upgrade to Win 7 (32-bit). Microsoft specifically mention getting the Broadcom driver BEFORE installing Win 7. Only driver updates can be done after Win 7 is installed.

• 

16.7K Posts

March 24th, 2016 06:00

Uncle_Glen,

Once you install windows 7 on your computer the OS will install the imbedded drivers for the network card and other drivers. You can click the link below to download the Broadcom driver once you install Windows 7 and if driver is not installed. I am not sure why MS is saying to get the drivers before installing Windows 7. If you try to install the driver in Vista it is not going to work. Maybe they are referring to have all the drivers downloaded and are ready to install once you load Windows 7.

Broadcom Lan Driver

No Events found!