Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

119 Posts

February 7th, 2008 21:00

M1530 1680x1050 Samsung Display

Just got my Service Tag number and checked on-line to find the display manufacturer.  I guess the stars weren't shining for me tonight.  Getting the dreaded Samsung.  So when it arrives... I will be fair and give it a good evaluation of what I think and whether it's as bad as they say on here.   Crossing my fingers.

30 Posts

February 7th, 2008 22:00

Yo it's fresh. That blows dude. Let me save you some time now, get it, compare it to any other halfway decent monitor and just return the whole notebook, i have spent the past month trying to get a GOOD screen but have been unsuccessful.

340 Posts

February 8th, 2008 03:00

I am in the same boat. Mine was shipped today and it shows the RW985.

I had read that they were not supposed to be installing this panel in the 1530 anymore, but I guess that I was "lucky" enough to get one of the remaining ones--if that is true.  Maybe I am lucky and they have fixed the Samsung problems and I am getting a "new and improved" version?

It arrvies next week and I will determine whether it is acceptable. If not, then I will call support and request an LG #XK309.

February 8th, 2008 11:00

Is there anyway I can tell what screen I am getting prior to receiving the unit?   Mine is in route for delivery, but I was hoping to find out what screen the computer is coming with?   Any input is appreciated.

119 Posts

February 8th, 2008 13:00

Go to Dell On-line and acquire your Service Tag.  you can do this by signing into your account and selecting "My Systems and Peripherals".  Your system should be listed.  If not press the "Add My New systems".  If you still can't get a hold of your System Tag call Customer Service and give your Order Number and they can give you the Service Tag number over the phone. 

In any case once you have a Service Tag number enter it in My Systems & Peripherals.  Once it recognizes your Service Tag...click on it and it will give you a detailed list of what was built.  Look for the Liquid Crystal Display and it will give the vendor name.

Good Luck... let us know what vendor shows up

February 8th, 2008 14:00

Scratch that it is a Samsung....

RW985

LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY..., 15.4WSXGA+, VIDEO ELEC. STDS. ASSOC...., TLF, SAMSUNG..

February 8th, 2008 14:00

OK, here is what is states...I am assuming that since it does not say LG it is a Samsung?

RU671 BEZEL..., LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY..., PLASTIC..., W/CMRA, M1530

119 Posts

February 8th, 2008 15:00

:smileysad:

Same as mine.  Lucl of the draw.  Let us know how it is when you actually see it for yourself.

I'm a photographer and use Photshop CS3 for my editing.  So a clear, unblemished, proper white, high resolution display is important to me.  Why I went for the high end M1530.    

6 Posts

February 8th, 2008 22:00

Im waiting for a replacement as some bits fell of mine. Anyway havent been impressed with my screen frm day one its the 1050 by 1680 or whatever.

Replacements coming from Ireland and still not built. Anyone aware if I will get the LG or not. The exisitng is Samsung and really not good.

53 Posts

February 8th, 2008 22:00

I received my M1530 a few days ago and it also possesses the Samslong LCD. However, watching various Blu-Ray movies looks very good. I wonder if Dell has a heightened level of quality control when pairing the LCD with a Blu-Ray based M1530. Sure as heck would negate the purpose of Blu-Ray when pumping out the video through a subpar LCD.

119 Posts

February 9th, 2008 00:00

I'm hoping I get the "NEW" Samsung.  I really want to be satisfied with it.  Will post here when I get my system.  Hopefully 2/11 as expected. 

We all want what we expect of Dell. 

1 Message

February 10th, 2008 10:00

Keen to hear about your screen when you get it.  I'm looking to get the same notebook soon.

February 11th, 2008 14:00

Recieved my unit and have only used it for a few minutes.   I do have a Samsung screen but I do not appear to have the same problems noted by previous users...Perhaps a new batch of screeens?

30 Posts

February 11th, 2008 15:00

That would be effing amazing.. What;s your Hardware ID # for the screen?

February 11th, 2008 16:00

RW985

30 Posts

February 11th, 2008 18:00

That's the part number, not the Hardware ID #. You can get the hardware ID # by going into control panel, device manager, Monitors, Generic PnP Monitor, Details, and then Hardware ID.
No Events found!