Highlighted
PriestVallon
1 Copper

M1530 shows BIOS screen but cuts out before it finishes loading

My M1530 turns OK and shows the BIOS screen. When it is trying to complete the loading sequence of the BIOS the fan starts spinning as fast as it can and then the computer just cuts out as if it has overheated. It can have overheated though as it is only on for about 6 or 7 seconds before cutting out.

When I boot it with the Fn key held down the Caps lock light starts flashing followed by all the lights flashing and then back to just the Caps lock light flashing. I know about the GPU problems but the fact that the BIOS screen appears and it even appears when using a HDMI out make me think it's not the GPU

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: M1530 shows BIOS screen but cuts out before it finishes loading

Hi PriestVallon,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Remove the adapter and then the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter.

You may try reseating the memory modules.

Please refer to the system manual and read the safety information that shipped with your computer.

The link is: http://bit.ly/12SAm0s.

Please run the diagnostics. You may try any of the following methods to run the diagnostics:

• Press <Fn> and the power button to initiate diagnostics.

Or

• Shut down and restart the computer.
  • Press the F12 key immediately when the Dell logo appears. The Boot Device list appears.
  • Select Diagnostics and press the Enter key.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
Kuldeep M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos