Highlighted
stompsfrogs
1 Copper

M15x x64 BIOS A03 no update available?

On the dell driver download page there's no bios update available when I filter by my service tag, but if I go to all related updates for this product it's up to A09. The bios and video bios were shadowed, I'm just trying to figure out why and I thought updating it would help. Has there really been zero updates for this since 2009? Or is dell's website fubar?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: M15x x64 BIOS A03 no update available?

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. The latest Bios for this system is A09. Use the below link to update it. If you need a previous version, move down to previous versions in the same link to check all the previous versions of the Bios.

www.dell.com/.../alienware-m15x

Thank you.

0 Kudos
stompsfrogs
1 Copper

Okay, thanks, I will try this again tonight. I didn't think there were different Bios versions for different operating systems, I guess just the flasher utility won't work on x64. It threw a warning when I tried to run it that said it wasn't for this computer, that it was for 32-bit computers only. I now see how it could have been referring to the flash utility and not the Bios update itself... I don't see anything anywhere telling me not to go straight from A03 to A09, do you know if that will be okay?

On another note, did you guys know the included drivers disk lacks the wifi drivers? Totally annoying, now I have to go find an ethernet cable. At least the disk that shipped in 2010 did, hopefully y'all fixed that... It's missing several drivers actually, just the wifi one is the most annoying as the Windows default wifi drivers don't work with the included intel wifi adapter either. There is an intel wifi driver on the disk but it didn't work, maybe it's not the right one. I ran the installer twice. I hate drivers.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Dell does not recommend downgrading the Bios. You can download the wifi drivers from support.dell.com, enter your service tag, click on drivers and downloads, to find all the drivers for your system.

Royan

0 Kudos