Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2012 22:00

M5030 7 beeps problem.

I have a Dell M5030 with the 7 beeps problem.

I read here in the forums for a solution but no one have a concrete solution for the problem.

I try to contact dell technical support but my warranty has expired, so i want a solution, i have this computer for 2 years and is the only computer i have, i really need my pc for the university.

Please respond, and thanks.

Sorry for my english, i'm spanish speaker. 

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2012 22:00

Hi edua7x,

Welcome to the Community,

Beep codes can be used as diagnostic indicator and 7 beeps on your system model indicates processor failure.

Please private message me your system service tag number,along with your full name,address and phone number.

To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system details and get back to you with repair options.

Thank You

1 Message

December 1st, 2012 22:00

I have a dell M5030 with the same 7 beep code problem. that alot of your dell loyal owners and users seem to be having. is there a recall on these mother boards? If not? there should be. I have only bought & used dell up to now. I bought this M5030 for my wife 2 years ago. She only use.s it to check her Email & facebook. Never been droped. or miss used. Replaced the battery last year. other then that no problems. I would think it would be in dells best interest to replace these Mother boards. To keep there good name" And loyal dell buyers & users.

4.4K Posts

December 4th, 2012 01:00

Hi  Richmurnane,

Please private message me your system service tag number,along with your full name,address and phone number.

Thank You

1 Message

December 4th, 2012 07:00

Hi I have a Inspiron M5030 and I'm having the same 7beeps issue and my screen will not come on. I had it for about 2yrs never dropped or major . It's the only computer I have right now. How can I fix this problem?

4.4K Posts

December 5th, 2012 03:00

Hi kndanu,

To fix the system motherboard needs to be replaced.

Thank You

3 Posts

October 17th, 2013 11:00

I have a similar problem with my M5030 laptop. for a few days ,when it was working, the battery indicator would report that the battery was fully charged ( at 80%)  and suggested I replace the battery. A couple days later It started beeping 7 times when I tried to boot. The screen remains Blank and the 7 beeps are repeated. I purchased a new battery pack but I just get the 7 beeps.

Could u please help me with this?

John

1 Message

October 27th, 2013 10:00

I too have an Inspiron M5030 that I purchased 12/28/2010 and the warranty is expired.   Never got an offer to extend it.   And from what I'm reading it doesn't look like they would cover this issue anyway.   My system started acting strange a couple months ago when I tried to click on a link to go to a new page, my computer would freeze and the page would go to the desktop and then after two minutes the internet would come back up.   And it didn't matter what browser you used.    This morning I went to boot up my computer and got the dreaded 7 beeps.   If it is going to cost $350 to get this fixed, plus all the shipping costs.... it's probably better to just buy another up to date system for the same cost.

I do have online backup, thank goodness!   And had backed up some items on a thumb drive a couple weeks ago.   I agree that Dell should be recalling and fixing this issue at their cost!!!

11 Posts

October 27th, 2013 20:00

Frist of all what is up with the password..... one lower one upper one number one symbol..and ten to twenty in length... really someone will heck into my account?

Ok last night my PC ran fine ... then this   AM   7 BEEPS  and a black screen......

I bought this in Sept of 2010 i believe  .... the issue I have is I called DELL 2 different times...... one lady want me to pay $129 just to get the started to figure it out...... NON REFUNDABLE    really....... nice   

Then I called  an  hour or so later to a another dell support  hoping for other better help..... this guy say the info I gave him doesnt match me???!!!!  The other lady took my info and knew it was out of warranty and never questioned me about it not being mine....... FREAKING crazyyyyy

He wants me to go on dell site and switch info on the PC  

So I have to change the motherboard as told from above........

My question to DELL is where is the REAL help here......   Yes they should repair the issue as it is DELL HARDWARE ISSUE.... as the PC  I have to has NEVER been dropped.....and has anti virus etc protected.......

HOW can a BILLION dollar company treat CUSTOMERS like this?????  Kind of hoping they turn into GATEWAY....... WHERE is GATEWAY products at now.........HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Thank you for the vent !!!!

3 Posts

October 28th, 2013 01:00

So guys, I have fixed? my laptop. I went out searching other forums looking for help, since Dell doesn't reply to messages. On a couple of the "Other" forums people were suggesting that the problem is a bad solder joint beneath the " south bridge chip". The way to fix it is to heat the chip hot enough to re-flow the solder and then let it cool.  I have the tools and the skill to do it but no desire to dig into it. 

Then I noticed a couple of the people were suggesting we look at a youtube video because it worked for them. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rW0M1htCZ0 (Preview)  Well, I tried it, and believe it or not " It Worked ". My laptop is working just fine. I turned on the laptop and stuffed it into my carrying case, rolled it up in my winter coat and left it on the bed for 20 minutes. 
When I unwrapped the laptop it was hot and still beeping. I cycled the power and it booted right up. That was 5 days ago.
It still works. 
Give it a try. The way i looked at it, I didn't have much to loose because I wasn't going to put a couple hundred bucks into it.

17 Posts

October 28th, 2013 04:00

not true its nothing to do with the processor

2 Posts

January 27th, 2014 14:00

Mine just turned 3years old -bought in Dec 2010 and I have the same issue. When I called they would not even acknowledge the issue that is all over the forums. Will not be buying another Dell. Will be going to the Better Business Bureau.
No Events found!