Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2013 22:00

M6400 power adapter

I have a Dell M6400 laptop.  Up till yesterday, it functioned perfectly.  Yesterday morning, I noticed that I was running on plug in power adapter. But today, when I got home, It was turned off, I check the power and it was plugged in. I unplugged the power adapter for 30 seconds and replugged back in, the green light was on and I checked the laptop and it showed charging, but hear some buzzer noise that came out from the power adapter. After plugging in about 5 minutes, the green light on the power adapter was off and it showed no charging. If I unplug and replug it will be working for another five minutes again. I don't know what's going on, if anyone know how to fix this problem, please help. Look like the capacitor inside the power adapter is not working well.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 24th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Sounds like there is an issue with AC adapter. Do you have any other Charger to test with? Will the noise come up when you plug it in to the laptop? Or will it make noise even unplugged from the computer (plugged only in wall) ?

Regards,

6 Posts

April 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi

If I plug only in wall, the green light will stay on and there is no noise. The noise only come up when I plug it in to the laptop. If I used another power adapter, notthing wrong with the laptop.

Hi

If I plug only in wall, the green light will stay on and there is no noise. The noise only come up when I plug it in to the laptop. If I used another power adapter, notthing wrong with the laptop.

Hi

Hi

thank you for trying to help

6 Posts

April 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi

thank you for trying to help

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 28th, 2013 19:00

I think you need a new ac adapter if that's the case. Is this under warranty? Please add me as a friend and send a private message. Provide Service Tag and let me see what we can do.

No Events found!