Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2017 12:00

MAC Address Pass Through on a Dell WD 15 Dock

I am looking for a way to enable MAC Address Pass Through on a Dell WD 15 Dock.   

I found a MAC PASS THROUGH Utility but it is only compatible for Dell Adapter - USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0 DA200

331 Posts

June 17th, 2017 18:00

Hi SteveDignard,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

The Dell Dock WD15 has its own MAC address built into their chipsets. When it is connected to a Dell system that supports MAC Pass-through and the network driver is loaded on the system, the adapter specific MAC address will be overridden by the system specific MAC address from the BIOS. Please follow the instructions from this link http://dell.to/2tAbRYS to setup Dell Dock WD15.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

June 19th, 2017 06:00

How can I change the passtrhou mac address in the BIOS to have my laptop mac address instead of the WD15 Mac address?

331 Posts

June 20th, 2017 16:00

Hi SteveDignard,

The MAC address override does function before booting to the operating system. The MAC address override does function before booting to the operating system and in the Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) boot process.

June 22nd, 2017 04:00

Hi thank you for answering.   I don't understand why I see in the BIOS Passtrough MAC Adress as my Dell Dock WD15 MAC Address.   I was expecting the Passtrough MAC Address to be my laptop?

1 Message

August 18th, 2017 02:00

Hi just simple follow instruction below will do:

Open network connections -> Right click on Docking NIC -> Properties -> Configure…

Choose Advanced tab -> Network address -> Type your MAC address of Internal NIC then reboot your system.

Done.!!!

September 25th, 2017 09:00

Sorry I have a DELL DS1000 and I found in BIOS the Pass Trought MAC Address, but how can I use it. My intent is to setup a static IP address on the internal network card and use the same when I connect the laptop to DS1000 via Type c connection. Is it possible??

No Events found!