hazelsanz
1 Copper

{MOVED}Dell Inspiron N4010 Sound not working

3 days ago the sound on my laptop suddenly stoped working and when I check in the control panel under playback it says No Audio Output device is installed. I tried restoring the system and even reinstalling the driver but no luck ! Smiley Sad

I even unistalled the Realtek High definition driver and now have not been able to reintall it.

Some help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron N4010 Sound not working

Hi hazelsanz,

Welcome to the Community,

After uninstalling the Realtek driver if you reboot the system Windows should ideally reinstall the generic audio driver.If you check in Device Manager under Sound,video and game controller,do you see anything listed with a yellow exclamation mark or triangle ? or in Device Manager do you see Other Devices with Audio Controller listed?

If you see either of the above,try reinstalling the Realtek driver using the link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-14r

If you're not able to install the driver,post back any error message you get while trying to install it.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
hazelsanz
1 Copper

Hi Roshan,

I checked in Device Manager and nope no exclamation mark or triangle. In Device Manager under Sound,video and game controller there are no other devices with adio controllers listed.

I have reinstalled the Realtek driver but still no sound.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
5 Osmium

Try running the Dell Diagnostics audio tests to make sure there has not been a hardware failure.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos

Did you run the Diagnostics  tests? Under playback does it still say No Audio Output device installed? If it shows speakers under Playback after installing the driver,try using a headphone and confirm if you get sound through headphone.

What was listed under Sound,video and game controller in Device Manager?

0 Kudos
hazelsanz
1 Copper

So the speakers on mh computer decide to start working once I rebooted. But 2 months later, the headphones jack has suddenly stopped working. They were perfectly fine yesterday and today when I started my laptop first the inbuilt speakers did not work and once I rebooted they started to work but if I plug in external speakers no sound is coming!! Does this mean the jack is not working? Thanks Sanmita
0 Kudos

Hi Sanmita,

Try connecting a headphone and see if you get sound while using headphone.If there is no sound from both headphone  and external speaker than it could be an issue with the headphone port.

Observe if the headphone port detects the external speaker or the headphone.If you're playing a audio file  and getting sound from the internal speaker and than if you connect external speaker or headphone,sound from internal speaker should stop ideally.

Check  and confirm if you stop getting sound from internal speakers when you connect headphone or external speakers.

To further check you can also run the Dell Diagnostics Audio Test.Refer to this post from Jimco:

en.community.dell.com/.../19768710.aspx

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ramki_486
1 Copper

hi,

recently i changed my harddisk and installed windows 7 home basic os. After installing drivers my audio not working. I uninstalled realtech driver and installed again but it showing " no audio output device is installed" under volume control.

Manage sound devices :    [playback : digital audio hdmi]

Device manager: [ +sound,video and game controllers

- High Definition Audio Device ]

after installing realtech audio driver i didn't find realtech audio option under sound,video and game controllers

plase give me possible solution and Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
ramki_486
1 Copper

hi,

my laptop is delln4010.

recently i changed my harddisk and installed windows 7 home basic os. After installing drivers my audio not working. I uninstalled realtech driver and installed again but it showing " no audio output device is installed" under volume control.

Manage sound devices :    [playback : digital audio hdmi]

Device manager: [ +sound,video and game controllers

- High Definition Audio Device ]

after installing realtech audio driver i didn't find realtech audio option under sound,video and game controllers

please give me possible solution and Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
5 Osmium

Try this. Install the Dell System Software from the N4010 downloads page. Expand the System Utilities category. Restart. Install the Intel Mobile Chipset software from the Chipset category. Restart. Then try again to re-install the Realtek driver from the Audio category.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos