Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2013 19:00

MS Office OEM Product Key for MS Office 2007

I had to perform a clean install of Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1720. I purchased the computer in 2007 with MS Office Home and Student 2007 preinstalled. I recieved no CD or product key. I need the product key to reinstall MS Office 2007. Microsoft does not supply product keys for the OEM software. 

3.3K Posts

January 19th, 2013 20:00

Hi Preppie01,

The MS office disk is shipped with the computer at the time of purchase. Kindly private message me the service tag. I will review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 25th, 2013 06:00

Once you get the key you do not need a disk the installer can be downloaded from Microsoft Directly.

support.microsoft.com/.../OfficeSuites2007Setup

Download - Microsoft Office Downloads

www.microsoft.com/.../downloads

Where do I find my Product Key?

1 Message

February 25th, 2013 06:00

Rajesh, I have the same issue as Preppie01.  Can I send you a PM with my service tag number, as well?  I have looked through the disks that came with my machine and can't find the Office 2007 disk(s).

1 Message

April 28th, 2013 14:00

I also  have the same issue.  My Inspiron laptop came with Office 2007 preloaded and no disk.  Because of that I made a copy of the program on my own disk, not realizing that of course I'd need a product key if I wanted to reinstall.  Well, I did reinstall because a 7-yr-old laptop just needs to be refurbished.  Now I can't use Office 2007 because I don't have the product key.  (I researched it and found out after the fact that I could have used a free software app that would look in the registry and find the product key, but it was too late; I'd already wiped the hard drive.)

So - can you help me get my product key also?

Mary Drew

1.3K Posts

May 9th, 2013 16:00

Hi marydrew,

You would have received a product key in case you have purchased MS Office full version. Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message so that I can check the system configuration and get back to you.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

1 Message

October 19th, 2013 15:00

Today I upgraded Windows Vista to Windows 8 on my Dell Inspiron 530, but Office 2007 does not work. To resolve it, Office 2007 needs to be reinstqlled, but don't find the product key anymore. Already sent the service tag to Harish's private massage. Please advise the prodcut key at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

May 12th, 2017 06:00

You might lose your key validation time after updates. So try to connect dell support center directly and tag number. 

Regards.

microsoftofficesupport.org

No Events found!