Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 01-16-2012 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Manual for new models

Hi, 

Need a link to manual for Dell Laptop 15R i5-2430M 2.4GHz

I'm trying to decide between models 15R i5 laptops currently selling either with Student Ofc 2010 & 6 Gb ram, or without Ofc & 8 Gb ram.  It's on sale at Costco for a decent amount off, compared with Sam's.  But since I want both Ofc and 8 Gb ram, I need to look at a manual to find out which is cheaper to buy separately after my final purchase, the Student Ofc 2010 or 8 Gb of ram.  (I'm assuming only two ram slots.)  I am unable to find a manual online for this machine under support.dell.com under manuals as the 15R isn't listed.  Can you post a link to it?

Thank you.

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
10 Diamond

The Student/Home version of  Office costs about $120-130.

Since the 6G of RAM will come as a 4+2, you just need one, 4G module - figure on $20 or so.

View solution in original post

8 Krypton

You can add or change ram. Check Crucial for ram upgrades and see which is best or just configure it online at Dell and get what you want. www.dell.com/.../pd

Look for a n5110 manual instead of 15R. All laptops have only 2 slots for memory. www.crucial.com/.../listparts.aspx

View solution in original post

Replies (3)
10 Diamond

The Student/Home version of  Office costs about $120-130.

Since the 6G of RAM will come as a 4+2, you just need one, 4G module - figure on $20 or so.

8 Krypton

You can add or change ram. Check Crucial for ram upgrades and see which is best or just configure it online at Dell and get what you want. www.dell.com/.../pd

Look for a n5110 manual instead of 15R. All laptops have only 2 slots for memory. www.crucial.com/.../listparts.aspx

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thank you very much.  Excellent links, and I used the Crucial one on my other computer needing ram too!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor