Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

February 7th, 2006 13:00

Many D610 TPM errors

I recently bought a Latitude D610 for the owner of my company.  An error message stating Windows TPM could not be initialized occurs during POST / boot.  This error has occurred since I first received the laptop.  The TPM is turned off in the BIOS.  The Integrated Gigabit Network Card also is not showing up in device manager after entering the OS (WinXP SP2).

Two months after receiving the laptop, the hard drive failed.  I shipped to Dell asking for a new hard drive and to fix TPM/Broadcom Ethernet card.  Dell technicians diagnosed the problems and swapped hard drives and motherboard.  Upon receipt of the laptop back from Dell, the laptop wouldn't boot.  The shipping box was very securely padded by DHL.  I can only assume Dell did not check the laptop before shipping back.   Afer four to five hours on the phone with Dell tech support, we determined the LCD screen was malfunctioning.  I shipped back to Dell.  Upon receipt of the laptop the second time, everything worked correctly.  Two weeks later, the TPM error has returned and my onboard network card is not showing up in device manager.

I've checked my power supply - green light is on so it looks to be working.  Laptop has the latest drivers from Windows update, I've done the PC check scan on Dell's website, and I have virus scanner running and up to date.  I've spent over 2 and a half days troubleshooting this unit myself and on the phone with Dell tech support.  This is ridiculous for a $1600 laptop.  Anyone have any ideas why the TPM is throwing an error and how to fix?

Thanks,
Randall

29 Posts

February 8th, 2006 18:00

try turning the tpm on. make sure that the "turn nic off if your on battery only" option isnt turned on in the control panel, making your nic blank out. 18008228965.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2006 23:00

Thanks for the help.  I've fixed the TPM error.  Dell Tech support directed me to an out of date driver.  It's ridiculous that the TPM driver is not located on the System Restore disk that ships with the unit.

I still have a device in the Device Manager that is not recognized, and after shutting the system down I must press the power button several times before the system will boot.  Not very pleased with this system.

2 Posts

February 14th, 2010 00:00

Hi! Can you pls send me the drivers to resolve the TPM issuein my D-610

I'll be gratefull from the core of my heart.

Thanks

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!