Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

KK

August 11th, 2011 07:00

Media Card Reader not working on my Dell XPS L502x

Hey,
I have a dell xps 15" L502X,
when i put the memory card from my digi-cam into the media card reader on the laptop.
it just simply does'nt seem to do nothing. no sound. no detection. no nothing.

i also went to the dell drivers page and downloaded and installed Jmicron driver about 1.2 mb.
but that was to no affect.

i would appreciate any help i can get on this matter. 
also are there other individuals facing this sort of a problem.

Thanks.
 A New Unhappy Dell User... :S 

p.s can anyone tell me where i can download the new dell webcam drivers for my laptop thanks.

9.4K Posts

August 11th, 2011 09:00

Hi Khwab Khan,

Sorry you are having difficulties locating the drivers for your webcam.  Here is a link to them:

lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Regards,
Robert

ref 19600265

2 Posts

November 25th, 2011 05:00

Same problem here dude! I have the drivers for the card reader installed but it is not working ????

Very Very Strange!

1 Message

December 24th, 2011 05:00

Any solution so far? Have exactly the same problem with my L502X - installed JMicron driver, rebooted, put SDHC card - nothing happens, computer doe not see the card ..

2 Posts

December 29th, 2011 09:00

After some time - card reader started working, I didn't do anything at all, except installing the JMicron driver a couple of times! It wasn't working when I installed the drivers at first but after some days it started working. Again very very strange!

2 Posts

April 27th, 2014 01:00

I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the CardReader_JMicron_W7_A01_TKH3F_ZPE.exe and also CardReader_JMicron_W7_A01_Setup-W68J2_ZPE.exe. Both of these hang when installing. I left the computer alone for over and hour and nothing happened. I know my card reader worked like a charm up till a few weeks ago. What's up? In the device manager, the SD card reader doesn't show up any more. No one has even bothered answering this question, which seems to have been an issue for 3 years.

No Events found!