Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2009 19:00

Media Direct_Cyberlink Soloution

A little history: i was having trouble with this crippleware since day 1. The usual "needs update" message, but Cyberlink has decided to throw a 404 whenever you try and update it. i wont bore you except to say I purchased a stand alone LG BluRay (external) that also came with Cyberlinks BD Solution.

What a crock. It gave me error after error. This is deliberate.

THEY WANT YOU TO PURCHASE THE FULL STAND ALONE PACKAGE instead of releasing patches to make the junk work.

Well, after a couple months of frustration (check my posts) i finall purchased the full version... OF WIN DVD  (HA!) from Corel. I would not not take a FREE copy of ANYTHING from CYBERLINK, nothing, ever.

Now, everyone says they are in I.T. right? But heres the thing...I really am. I am going to make it my mission in life to unistall every CYBERLINK product from our + 75 workstations and i will NEVER spend a nickel on the product again. As long as I'm on this earth I will go out of my way to dissuade ANYONE from purchasing anything from them.

Forget Dell Media Direct...you can go purchase an external LG BD and get some GARBAGE software from (you guessed it) and it WONT RECOGNIZE THE DRIVE...better yet, it says the drive has "EXPIRED" whatever that means.

So like i said cyberlink, I just dropped 70 bucks on a full BD soloution.....from Corel. It updated 45 seconds after install and works PERFECTLY.

I should have done this 2 months ago, except I had this funny idea I SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE WHAT I ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go rot in you know where.

Delete the junk, thats the soloution.

I tried hard, really hard to make it work.

No Responses!
No Events found!