Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

October 30th, 2017 10:00

Microphone on my devices have very low sound on my dell inspiron 3543

Basically whenever i use a headset with microphone, the voice is very low. I call people on skype and i have to keep the microphone very close to my mouth for the other people to hear me. I have tested this with different microphones and they all have the same result. This problem started after I had reinstalled windows because it was lagging. Before it was working properly. I have also updated all my drivers. Please tell me how I am able to fix this.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 31st, 2017 06:00

iEclipseXD,

Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped resolve the issue.

October 31st, 2017 10:00

Sadly, both of these answers did not work. :<

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 31st, 2017 10:00

Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.

Hi. the path to increase mic volume is like this, except that you would start from the Realtek microphone (I made this from my Latitude laptop which has IDT audio instead of Realtek).:

• 

16.7K Posts

October 31st, 2017 11:00

iEclipseXD,

Sorry to hear that didnt work for you.

Uninstall the audio drivers and Reinstall the chipset drivers. Reboot the machine and then reinstall the audio drivers back into the system.

Dell Inspiron 3543 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

No Events found!