jbond23
1 Nickel

RE: Microphone volume is very low on a Dell inspiron 13 7348 with Windows 10

Jump to solution

I'm fairly sure the problem is with Realtek drivers under Windows 10 and less to do with Skype although it shows up in Skype most. A temp fix that worked for me was to go to Control Panel, Device manager, Sound Video and Games controllers, Update Driver, Browse, Pick and choose the generic High Definition Audio Device. This is not really a long term solution but does seem to work correctly.

This was with 
- Brand new XPS15 9530
- Immediate upgrade to Win 10
- Windows update and Dell updates applied and up to date
- Audio drivers show Realtek HD Audio, 6.0.1.7544
- Skype 7.10.0.101 up to date.

0 Kudos
lasarasota
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a Dell inspiron 13 7352. After playing around with it for a while that following seemed to elicit a response...

1. Search for the control panel and open it. 

2. Press Hardware and sound

3. Press 'Sound'. In the window that comes up, press of the recording tab.

4. Double click microphone and the microphone properties will pop up. Click on the 'Listen' tab. 

5. Search for the name of your default speaker/microphone.

That's all I got. Good luck!

eugen popescu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my laptop,Service Tag BCNSQY1,has no sound,or a bad one,on microphone builtin...I tryied several drivers with no solution...can anybody help ?

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

my laptop...has no sound,or a bad one,on microphone builtin...I tryied several drivers with no solution...

Hello. Contact Dell tech support in your country. Your warranty may expire soon so do not delay.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Gelula
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell made it clear they won't create windows 10 drivers for old models. I didn't even check the mic but I have very low volume on the speakers since I installed Windows 10 on my latitude e&410

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

my latitude e&410

Hello. Can you give your model name again please? Maybe it's an E5410 or an E6410?

0 Kudos
Gelula
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I got two latitudes. The e5410 is all right with Windows 10. The e6410 is not n trouble : very low speakers volume , no web cam driver and the touchpad sometimes play crazy. Looking for a downgrade with the e6410

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Looking for a downgrade with the e6410

Try installing the IDT 6.10.0.6292 audio driver using compat6ibility mode.

1. Download and save the audio driver (hard drive format) to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive..
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.

If installing the IDT driver does not help then I would revert to the previous OS. Win10 has too many audio issues to waste time with.

0 Kudos
jbond23
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Place a support request. Get no response so place another referring to the first. Get an email that says phone Tech support. Phone them to be told, well, not much really. Apparently they're all still working on windows 10 drivers. Hopefully the message is starting to get through that the Realtek drivers don't work properly under Win 10.

0 Kudos
prcghc
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I think it's a setting.. as I have simular problem also. Using win 10 Ins 7352. I use VLC as my main audio video program. I am noticing it in any audio AVI,mp3 or FLAC. I am narrowing the problem down. In your case, have you try going back (using back up copy) to go back a few days before the problem?

Check the audio systems.. One of the steps that I will do on my end is uninstall VLC clean register out using CCleaner and then reinstall VLC.. still have problem I will go to windows to uninstall audio driver(s).

I did something not sure what with some setting..like finding a nut in a hay stack

0 Kudos