Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2009 13:00

Mini 9 Dead ...again

Hi, I purchased a mini 9 in November.  It has been really nothing but trouble from day one.  It would lock up or freeze randomly.  Finally, it just quit around Christmas, and after a couple of hours on the phone, it was returned to depot for service.  The motherboard was changed and the unit returned.  It locked up during boot. I changed anti virus and messed with every suggested setting without much success.  It would run sometimes for hours and then lock up.  Or sometimes it would take 3 or 4 tries just to get through boot-up.  Last evening, the unit died again.  Blank.  No LED, no poer, nothing.  I spend a couple pf hours on the phone with Dell and they are taking back to depot for service.  I'd really like another unit as this one has issues. 

I'm looking for suggestions (other than using it as a door stop).

Regards,

Richard

1 Message

May 9th, 2009 23:00

I've been having a similar issue with my mini 9 (Win xp, 1gb ram, 8gb hd). It started out every once and a while i would put it in sleep mode, or turn it off for a while, and when i open the top and turn it on, the led indicator comes on but the screen doesnt start and i don't think i cant hear the hard drives going. It didn't happen often, and i could usually just turn it off and back on and it would work properly, but it's progessively gotten worse to where it takes a good 30 minutes or so of fooling around with it, turning it off and back on, re - setting the battery, opening and closeing the lid, and then, if i'm lucky, i can get it to turn on for me. I've tried leaving it to charge for a couple days without messing with it, and it still usually gives me the same problem. I havn't contacted dell yet because it's just gotten to the point of being intolerable, and their online customer support isn't available at the moment.. I am extremely dissatisfied,  and I hosnestly wish I had waited to see acers new 'mini's with the same specs as the mini 9, but with a 160 gb hard drive for $20 less than the mini 9.

Hopefully dells customer support can get this straightened out, but it might be better off just being a $300 door stop.

Sorry i don't have any suggestions for you Richard.

9 Posts

February 19th, 2011 05:00

You  can't hear an SSD drive going - no moving parts!

No Events found!