Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

D

1 Message

January 8th, 2009 22:00

Mini 9, XP Home, Connecting Bluetooth Headset Turns on Webcam?

I have a Mini 9 with the standard Dell options for bluetooth and 1.3MP webcam installed at order time.  When I connect my bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager 510S), it turns on the webcam and Dell Webcam Central opens up and complains that the camera is in use.  If I try to use the camera in Skype, it also complains that the camera is not available.

I doubt this is standard or desireable behaviour.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2 Posts

January 19th, 2009 09:00

I am having exactly the same problem, so you are not alone.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any fix.  as long as Dell Webcam Central is running, the webcam will not work with Skype at all (asks me to shut down all apps using video).  When I exit DWC, the webcam works fine with in Skype.  But as soon as I select Bluetooth Headset as the audio option, it shows the webcam as unavailable again.  I can't think what the connection is between Bluetooth and the Webcam??  I hope someone comes up with a fix for this, it really reduces the utility of the Inspiron Mini 9...

2 Posts

January 19th, 2009 10:00

One addition to this:  it appears it may not just be Bluetooth headset, but any headset other than default.  I tried a Plantronics USB headset, which installed and worled fine with Skype, but again, if I selected it as the audio device, the webcam stopped working.  Very frustrating.

1 Message

September 6th, 2009 18:00

I have the same problem with a IOGEAR Bluetooth Micro Adapter. As soon as I make the paired connection to the headphones the built-in webcam is in use. If you get a solution please let me know. Thanks

No Events found!