Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 2nd, 2014 11:00

Mini-Displayport to VGA not working on Latitude E7440

To connect my Latitude E7440 to a beamer, I use a Mini-Displayport to VGA converter from Dell. It works for some beamers so the cable is probably not broken. However, some other beamers are not detected correctly (no image) and all display related control panels freeze completely.

So, the laptop detects that there is something connected to it, but it does not manage to communicate with the beamer correctly. My old Latitude and many other laptops manage to connect to the beamers with which I have problems now, so the beamers are not the problem.

Configuration: Windows 8.1 Pro, Intel Core i7 with Intel HD Graphics 4400. Latest Windows Update, Dell updates and Intel drivers installed and reinstalled (verified with Intel driver update utility). So updating drivers not possible.

I tried setting the resolution of the built-in screen to 800x600 before connecting to the beamers, but to no avail.

Suggestions welcome, because the doubt that the beamer will work or not is really a deal breaker... Thanks in advance.

Joris

2 Posts

June 6th, 2014 05:00

Joris, when using Google insetad of the interanl Search, I found

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19544129.aspx?pi239031352=1

with a big discussion about Venue Pro HDMI drive issues. It might affect your problem as well. Nevertheless, I'm still not impressed by Dell's reaction to such a basic problem...

2 Posts

June 6th, 2014 05:00

A shame nobody from Dell responded. I have similar problems on my Venue Pro Tablet, with HDMI Miniport to VGA, and I suspect the Dell drivers. The reason is that after each Dell update, behavior changes. those beamers that once worked no longer do so, but other that didn't are fine now. I purchased this tablet exactly for its ability to show presentations, and since usually I cannot test in advance the tablet is of little use.

Well, Dell seems no longer really interested in selling tablets; thus they might neglect its former promoter customers.

No Events found!