Highlighted
osmansa
1 Copper

Missing Advanced Power Settings: TDP Settings (XPS13 9360)

Dear all,

I am in a trouble with Advanced Power Setting on Windows 10.

There are limited options only when I go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\Change advanced power settings in particular Intel (R) Dynamic Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings.

For some of the missing options I followed this page and fixed: www.eightforums.com/.../50890-options-missing-power-options-advanced-settings.html

However I could not add Intel (R) Dynamic Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings in advanced power settings even though followed these links:

P.S: All drives are updated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jphughan
5 Rhenium

RE: Missing Advanced Power Settings: TDP Settings (XPS13 9360)

I don't see them on my XPS 13 9360 either.  I just figured that this CPU/chipset might not support those settings anymore.

0 Kudos
osmansa
1 Copper

Have you tried the 2nd and 3rd links that I shared?

I tried it and did not work for me but maybe it was because of my own settings (I didn't have "Everyone" option).

0 Kudos
osmansa
1 Copper

Have you ever tried 2dn and 3rd links that I shared above? They did not work for me maybe because of that I did not have "Everyone" for permission. I might work for you.

0 Kudos
ashrat1
1 Copper

Hello there!

Can't find them on my XPS 13 9360.

Also, my XPS take almost 30 mins to completely charge the laptop once the charge level reaches 95% mark.

30 mins for 5% is too much. Have you noticed the same issue with your system.

And

Does your xps heats up while on charge?

0 Kudos
osmansa
1 Copper

Hi

I am not sure if it takes 30 mins for 5%. but I seems to me charging a bit slow as well.

For heat problem you go to the link below and download """To Add "System cooling policy" to Power Options"""

www.eightforums.com/.../51043-power-options-add-remove-system-cooling-policy.html

0 Kudos