Jester11
1 Copper

Missing Attachment for Dell L502X Backlit Keyboard

Jump to solution

I took apart my keyboard to fix an issue yesterday. It is a backlit keyboard on an XPS L502X that has two cables; one thick grey cable for the power, and a very small, thin cable for the backlight feature.

The thin cable is attached to the machine in a very fine port which is secured by a very, very small black piece that look like teeth. I lost that piece and the backlight cable cannot attach securely to the port anymore. I checked online resources that suggest buying a new keyboard does not come with the little black piece.

Has anyone come along to this issue? What have you done to resolve it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Missing Attachment for Dell L502X Backlit Keyboard

Jump to solution

Hi fsaad,

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard, Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos