Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2009 05:00

Missing Modem

Inspiron 6400/E1505   O/S: XP SP2  

Lite-On Corporation Conexant RD02-D110 Modem

I recently replaced my motherboard which I received from Dell, after which my Lite-On Conexant Modem vanished from my System Bios. 

It displays no Modem Controller in the System Bios. 

The Bios CD they sent was A49, however, my system bios was, and still remains A17 even though I ran the CD upgrade.

(I cannot do a factory recovery, due to a HD crash). 

During the physical installation the modem wire was accidentally  disconnected from the motherboard, which it states not to do during installation. I'm not sure of the reason why?

I have run the new hardware wizard, but it does not recognize any new plug & play devices.

When I performed the resource install, I did so in the proper order listed in the online manual. 

I have also preformed a complete uninstall / reinstall of all the Resource CD applications, and drivers to no avail. 

I also ran a complete system diagnostics, with no error reports.

Is there a modem reset procedure?

When I attempt to download the 2 items from the system resource Cd, I get the following messages:  

1st Application) Conexant D110,HDA,MDC,v.92,modem   Rev: A00

("A hardware scan has detected the presence of this device") During installation this message appears - 

"Please insert disk #1"  ( I do not have the Firmware CD's available)

2nd Driver) Conexant D110,HDA,MDC,v.92,modem   Rev: A05 

("A hardware scan has detected the presence of this device") During installation this message appears -

"Driver installation failed, could not find the XXXX device for this driver"  

This has of course, is causing problems with all of the related High Definition Audio Drivers.

I have searched Dell, Lite-On, and numerous search engines, however; I have not been able to locate this installation firmware. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Message

February 27th, 2013 15:00

so dell what is the answer? just more crappy service?

No Events found!