Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2014 15:00

Missing Vid Card swapping Software for MX11 Notebook

Hi There I have a problems with my laptop. The hard drive on it died recently and we had to replace it. We were able to essentially restore it to factory settings however short of two things. The touch pad did not work and second the discs the laptop came with did not include the software to switch between the two video cards in the laptop.

I am using a Dell Alienware M11x notebook. It is missing the dell Alienware software that allows me to swap from the lower end card to the higher end car and vise versa.  It is not listed on dell's website as a driver and i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where I get this software so that I swap cars again?

Any help with this is appreciated! Thanks!

2 Posts

February 24th, 2014 20:00

Solved my own problem, no thanks to anyone on these boards! After speaking to Dell I learned that the software to swap vid cards is not listed under the drivers but under applications. I also had to choose "change product" rather than have it auto detect and choose view all available driver and software, otherwise you end up with the problem I had where nothing else showed up.

No Events found!