Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2014 08:00

Missing "TrueColor" Dell Program on Dell Recovery CD/Driver Disk

Hello,

I have a new Dell XPS9530 which has a software application that was installed by default called "True Color" which is normally in the task bar near the clock.  

I ordered the official Dell OEM Windows 8.1 disk (red in color) and the XPS 9530 Driver CD (Gray in Color) and did a fresh install on my computer.  Neither disk contains the previously installed True Color application and I also don't see it on the downloads section on the Dell website.

Technical support was not familiar with this application so I didn't get very far - was just told to reinstall everything which I've already done.

Where is the True Color Application and why isn't it on the recovery disks since it was installed by default from the factory?

Thanks!

2 Posts

August 21st, 2017 06:00

The Latest version never worked for me but this does. Hope it works for you too.

www.mediafire.com/.../true colour.rar

1 Message

November 13th, 2014 11:00

Download is here: <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.

3 Posts

April 13th, 2015 08:00

I have a brand new Inspiron 7548 and have problems trying to update True Color. I unistalled it but now I can't install the new version. I get this error message:"No Display support available fo Display Manufacturer SDC...". I can't solve this problem

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 13th, 2015 09:00

Dell True Color Viewing Application

Supported Operating Systems
MS Windows 8.1 32-bit
MS Windows 8.1 64-bit

Inspiron 15 (7548, Late 2014)
Inspiron 17 (7746, Early 2015)
Inspiron 15 (5548, Early 2015)
Inspiron 14 (5448, Early 2015)

3 Posts

April 13th, 2015 10:00

Thanks, but I've already tried that link. I still have the problem. I can't install the program. I'm afraid I have to wait for next updates :(....

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 13th, 2015 12:00

I would contact support and see if they cant send you a DVD with the program on it. The other source would be my Dell Downloads.

https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/UserForms/Faq.aspx

April 28th, 2015 14:00

I'm having the exact same problem and I was just told I had to purchase a software service contract.  I purchased mine from Amazon and I'm taking the next couple hours to consider returning it for an Apple as the support for Apple computers is excellent.  This computer has had the very same True Color issue from the get go and for Dell Customer Support not understanding what is wrong with it is simple no okay.

3 Posts

April 29th, 2015 03:00

I feel really disappointed from Dell. They just told they're unable to solve that and told me to unistall the program since the system run anyway without it. Well If they are really unable I would expect them being a little more polite, I mean it is like they told me: "don't care about it". I actually care since my laptop wasn't for free 

August 22nd, 2015 04:00

Even I am getting the same error. I really liked how it enhanced my display

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2015 14:00

Hello,

I have a new Dell XPS9530 which has a software application that was installed by default called "True Color" which is normally in the task bar near the clock.  

I ordered the official Dell OEM Windows 8.1 disk (red in color) and the XPS 9530 Driver CD (Gray in Color) and did a fresh install on my computer.  Neither disk contains the previously installed True Color application and I also don't see it on the downloads section on the Dell website.

Technical support was not familiar with this application so I didn't get very far - was just told to reinstall everything which I've already done.

Where is the True Color Application and why isn't it on the recovery disks since it was installed by default from the factory?

Thanks!

here try this

www.mediafire.com

1 Message

July 18th, 2016 06:00

13 Posts

August 21st, 2017 05:00

Same Problem anyone please upload true color latest version

N.B : My NoteBook is Dell Inspiron'15  Gaming 7567

1 Message

September 19th, 2017 15:00

VERY VERY THANK YOU

3 Posts

October 5th, 2017 09:00

Can you please make TrueColor version for Windows 10 please?

No Events found!