Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2012 22:00

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset family driver update for Inspiron 1545

Why is it that the latest update for download through Dell is from 2008?  I have been having issues with video crashes disconnecting me from games and whatnot for a while.  Whenever I try to download a driver update directly from Intel that was released in October of 2011, I get an error message saying the installation cannot proceed due to some stupid settings put in place by Dell which only allow installation of their own updates.  This is just ridiculous.  I purchased my laptop brand new over a year after Dell released this "update" for the driver installed on my computer.  Does anyone know how to bypass these settings and install recent updates direct from the developer, or does Dell just expect the consumer to buy a brand new computer from them in the event they want to update something?  My service plan hasn't even expired, so I'll be damned if I'm going to buy another laptop just yet.  When that time does come, Dell can be sure I won't purchase another one of their products again if they don't get their act together.

No Responses!
No Events found!