Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2009 05:00

Monitor problems, XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T7250 2.00GHz,800,2M

When using Webcam in Skype (latest version) I got error messages that the device driver for the monitor has stopped to work and was restored (not the exact wording as I’m using a Swedish version).

This happened a couple of times and then the screen turned white with lines etc. I tried to restart the computer and managed to get I working in Safe mode and later also in regular mode but when using the webcam with Skype it occurred again (the sound from Skype still worked though).

After restarting and disabling of the webcam in Skype the computer worked for 2 days. Then the problem occurred again, no error message but the same white screen with colourful lines. When trying to restart the computer again I only got to the white screen with lines. I’m stuck here and cannot log in. The computer feels rather warm on the bottom and heats up quickly after starting but the fan seems to be working.

I got Vista Home Premium, 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 2 048 MB (2 x 1 024), 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 1160GB (7200RPM) SATA Hard Drive.

Does anyone recognize this and know what to do?

Great Thanks in advance!

Niklas

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2009 05:00

Call Dell - the video chip is failing, and the mainboard will need to be replaced.

1 Message

August 14th, 2009 19:00

Hi. I just encountered almost the same problem yesterday. I was just watching online streaming then system gets hang and then green dotted lines appeared. I tried to restart several times but still the same thing. Until one time when I opened it, the monitor is completely white.

No Events found!