Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2014 22:00

Mono analog in???

I suddenly hate my E6520.  I just discovered what a "combo" audio jack is.  Are you kidding me?  There's no stereo analog input to this thing?  This "high end" business machine is no better than an iphone?  The codec obviously has stereo ADCs, probably 2 pair. 

When people ask me about the holes in my screen bezel I'll just have to explain how I had to hack into the built-in microphones for stereo mic inputs on this cheese box.  Of course if it won't run the 48K/24 conversion that I'm sure the IDT 92HKxxx can do, I should just sell it now.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 8th, 2014 07:00

I agree. for those of us who use computers for audio work getting a headset jack instead of a line-in is a poor trade-off. You need to get a usb line-in jack, sell the laptop or return it if you are still in the return period. Dell apparently has made the decision to emphasize social media, where communication trumps productivity.

I have an E5420 with the same combo jack, but I don't use the laptop's jack for line-in anyway so it wasn't an issue for me. I use a usb card.

No Events found!