Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2011 13:00

Mouse Touchpad

I have installed and use a USB mouse instead of the mouse touchpad. I need to turn off the touchpad so I don't keep touching it while typing and screwing up what I'm doing. How do I turn off the touchpad on my Inspiron N5010? :emotion-11:

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 11th, 2011 13:00

Use Quickset to turn it off. Type Windows Mobility Center in the Start box to access it.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 11th, 2011 14:00

Or press the Windows Key and X (its a shortcut to mobility centre).

Nope, nothing there.

I accessed the Mobility Center but there was no option there to turn the touchpad off.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound (under Devices and Printers).

There should be an option in there for the synaptics touchpad including a way to turn it off.

934 Posts

September 11th, 2011 17:00

check the system tray icons on right lower corner of the screen.You might have to click the little arrow sign to see more icons.One of the icons  "Dell Touchpad" opens up the software that controls the touchpad.There should be an option to deactivate the touchpad.I've got an inspiron 1545 but I think that you have similar software installed.

September 13th, 2011 19:00

Nope again. There's no icon in the system tray for the touchpad. It's hard to believe that it's so hard to find a way to disable this touchpad. I've been looking for a long time and finally decided to ask for help. It is nowhere to be found. :emotion-9:

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 14th, 2011 05:00

While I don't have your model so can't confirm, every Dell I have had with the synpatics touchpad has had the icon in the system tray.

Try reinstalling the driver  <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> to see if it brings the icon up.

No Events found!