Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2013 20:00

Mouse Trackpad not working properly after upgrade to Windows 8.1 on XPS12

Since I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 I have been needing to re-tune many settings (e.g. chrome text being blurry).

One thing that seems completely gone is my ability to right-click from my trackpad. I have so far been using an extended touch on the screen to right click, but this is an annoying and incomplete work around.

I thought maybe I needed to change some mouse settings, but when I went to the mouse settings from the control panel the Cypress TrackPad tab is gone!

I then realized that all the other functionality such as gestures and multi-touch were gone!

Anyone else have this happen to them or have a solution? 

1 Message

October 24th, 2013 18:00

I had the SAME EXACT problem. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and the right click on my track pad stopped working

I played around with my computer for a bit and found the solution:

1) go to this link and download the Touchpad_Cypress_W84_X18_A06_Setup-0VV1J_ZPE.exe (which is the first drive)

2) After installing it should prompt you to restart the computer, make sure to do so

3) Once your computer has started, open the control panel and on the upper right hand corner search mouse and some options should come up on the left

4) Click on change mouse settings and then on the top click on the tab labeled Cypress Trackpad

5) Then click where it says Click to Change Cypress Trackpad Settings (it might take a couple of seconds to load)

6) Click on buttons on the left hand side and under the right button select short cut menu in the drop down menu. Press save and voila! Right click is back

Hope that helps :)

6)  

1.5K Posts

October 25th, 2013 02:00

Hi jfh,

XPS 12 comes in two variants 9Q23 and 9Q33. Please share the exact system model and paste a screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Mice and Other Pointing Devices’ expanded. You may follow the steps below:

•  Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’
  • Click > sign next to ‘Mice and Other Pointing Devices’

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

4 Posts

October 25th, 2013 11:00

Amogh,

I found the answer on a related Dell thread, so I am fine. Any other users on this thread with the same problem could look there for the fix:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19529492/20465207.aspx#20465207

-thanks

jfh

October 25th, 2013 14:00

Updating the driver worked for me on my XPS12, just had to make sure to select the OS version of 8.1 at the top of the driver download page.  Also, thanks for the steps to clear up the text!

1.5K Posts

October 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi jfh,

Thank you for the information. I am glad that you installed the correct driver and the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

1 Message

October 26th, 2013 10:00

I was frustrated by the same issues and it's taken some time to get my screen settings back to how I like them - however, I was suffering the same Cypress Trackpad issues; no right click or gestures.

Windows kept telling me the driver was up-to-date but when I checked here http://dell.to/1cR7if5  it turns out there's a more up-to-date driver and everything has returned to normal.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 18:00

1 Message

November 2nd, 2013 21:00

The update for the Dell touchpad drive that I was able to access with Amogh's post was correct. You just have to follow that link, select xps12, and select windows 8.1. Then click on drivers and select the Dell touchpad driver to download. Restart your computer and the right click works again.

1 Message

November 8th, 2013 08:00

Upgraded to Windows 8.1 last night on my XPS 12 (9Q23) and today noticed right-click was not working on the touch pad.

Uninstalled the Cypress Touchpad from 'Control Panel | Programs', rebooted (asks) and installed using the one from the website (called "Dell Touchpad Driver", rebooted (asks) and it works now..

Thanks for this thread.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2013 14:00

Solution found here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19473174/20216716.aspx#20216716

Worked first time without any problems!

(Note that the 2 .inf files mentioned are listed as "setup information" in the description if you cannot find it)

1 Message

November 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi

I have Dell LATITUDE 6410 and ever since i have upgraded my system to windows 8.1 pro my touchpad is not working properly , it is not taking response and the multi-touch functionality and scrolling is completely gone.  what do you suggest i should do? i have tried downloading every possible driver for my touchpad based on my service tag but nothing seems to be working. On the dell support website the only driver available for touchpad is for windows 7 64 bit operating system whcih used to work fine for windows 8 but its not working for 8.1 .  

2 Posts

November 17th, 2013 23:00

Yup.  Same problem.  XPS 14 with Cypress Touchpad.

1 Message

November 30th, 2013 11:00

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly for my XPS12! My sanity is back.  :emotion-5:

2 Posts

November 30th, 2013 22:00

Downloaded a current driver at Dell.  Problem fixed.

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 04:00

Likewise, I had the same problem after applying the 8.1 update.

I have just downloaded v2.5.1.47 of the Cypress Trackpad software from the Dell site and following a restart all is working well and the Tray icon has returned.

No Events found!