I recently wanted to grab some installation files for my Studio 1749 and went to the My Dell Downloads website. I've tried it in IE9 and all I can do is click the button and nothing else happens. Not exactly sure what else to do, but I'd really like to have access to it for future purposes.
I recommend you to reset the Internet Explorer options and try going to the My dell Downloads webpage. Please follow the steps below:
1. Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.
2. Open Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
7. Close Internet Explorer.
Also, would suggest you to try in a different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Please reply with the results.
Thanks and Regards
Hi Ca Shadle,
Some times we have problems with my Dell downloads and have found that bypassin it and using the servce tag scan will get you to all the drivers. You have to pick out the drivers that you want as all drivers are there.
I hope this helps you.
#Dell World 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017
If memory serves me correctly, you have to use the Dell Download Manager there.
If you’re still having problems with Dell My Downloads
Click on the blue, DELL-Roshan L on the next page, start conversation with and please provide Roshan with the following information.
1. System Service Tag.
2. Customer’s Contact Information:
• Name (First, Last)
• E-mail address
• Portal Password
• System type
• Operating System
• Browser Used & Version
3. Detailed Description of the Issue (screenshots if available).