Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2017 13:00

My Dell Inspiron 15 - 5567 PC has crashed!! Help!!!

Hi,

I've just purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop 15 - 5567 laptop (Scratch and Dent) from the Dell Outlet and it has already crashed upon first use. I had switched it on and managed to set up a username and password and proceeded to customize my PC when it suddenly showed a 'System Error' message (20% complete) and that the PC needed to restart. 

I waited for the PC to restart automatically but I don't think anything happened so I think I tried to restart it myself. But when I switched my PC back on again, it just 'hangs' on a PURPLE screen that says, "Just a moment..." I have waited for over 45 minutes and nothing happens!

I've tried switching it on and off again several times but I get the same purple screen with the same wait a moment message each time I try to restart it again. A couple of times upon switching the PC back on again the Dell logo would show before showing the purple screen again. But most of the time when I press the restart button it would go straight to the purple screen.

Does this mean that there is something seriously wrong with it? Does this sound like a serious or minor fault? I really wasn't expecting this upon first use.

Can anybody out there help????

Thanks!

N :)

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 16th, 2017 16:00

:emotion-2:

You still having problems with the computer?  

21 Posts

April 16th, 2017 18:00

There is most likely a hardware defect with that system, and I would highly suggest returning it for a refund and purchasing something else - assuming that is an option!

April 17th, 2017 10:00

Yes, I've decided to return it but I'm worried that they might not give me a FULL refund as on the Dell Outlet UK website (which is where I purchased it from) it mentions that they will deduct a fee if I have used the software and it also mentions something about restocking fees. I am going to be pretty p*ssed if they don't give me a full refund as it's not my fault that they sent me a dud one. If it had worked I would be happy to keep it.

Each time I try to reboot it it it just hangs on the same purple screen which says, 'Just a moment...' and nothing happens!! I have a one year warranty but I don't want to take any risks with it. Because if I get it fixed and it crashes again outside of my warranty period then I'm going to be pretty annoyed!

I'm just worried that they might not give me a full refund that's all even though It crashed the first time I try to use it.

:)

April 17th, 2017 11:00

I have a 14 day window to return the laptop.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2017 13:00

If you are getting a Blue Screen with the Bar Code, sometimes at the bottom it names the offending driver.  See if you can get a picture so you have time to look at it.

My system has been Blue Screen because of a Wi-Fi driver...

I don't remember a purple screen but blue could go that way.  Have you tried an external monitor?

Returning it is probably a good idea.  No reason to have a system which has such problems right out of the box.

No Events found!