Ellieson
1 Copper

Re: My Dell Inspiron 1545 running Windows 7 won't boot. What do I do?

I am having a similar problem.  My Inspiron 1545 was running slowly, so I restarted it and it failed.  I was given the option to do "start up repair "- 30 minutes later it was still running.  

Next I restarted the computer again and choose "start normally".  It wouldn't start windows and the screen was blank/black.  

Then I restarted and struck F12.  I am running full diagnostics and these are the errors so far:

1. Error Code 0F00:133C
    msg: Disk - No Suitable disk media present

2. Error Code 4400:0011A
    msg: SC51_0_000_DISK_GENERIC_MULTICARD_ Target not ready

3. Error Code 0F00: 1344
    msg: Disk_Block 203750402 can't red, replace Disk 

4. Error Code 0F00: 1344
    msg: Disk_Block 2037504022 can't red, replace Disk  

5. Error Code: 0F00: 075D
    msg: Disk - D5T Self-test Read Error
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Errors 1 and 2 are benign - you don't have a writeable CD in the drive, nor a flash card to test.

Errors 3-5 are show the source of your problem - you have a bad hard drive.  You'll need a new 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive.

0 Kudos
Ellieson
1 Copper

I was afraid of that.  Any chance I can recover what's on my hard disk?  

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

It's possible - remove the drive, mount it in an external USB case and attach it to a working system by USB.  See what you can recover.

0 Kudos
sharon416
1 Copper

Hello, I am trying to follow the instructions below, but when I press F8, nothing happens. I held the button down for 10 mins and nothing happens. I tried this several times and nothing happens. Now what? I ran the system check and all is good, and I went to follow the instructions below. Please help!

To restore your computer to the original factory installation, follow these steps:

1. Turn on the computer, after the Dell logo press F8 key repeatedly until the
    Advanced Boot Options menu (Advanced Startup Options).
2. In Advanced Boot Options, highlight Repair Your Computer and press Enter.
3. Click Next and logon to the administrator account in the computer.
4. Click Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe Options; Follow the directions provided.

0 Kudos
snowballsss49
1 Copper

I have a 1545 i hit f8 and advance boot setting comes up but NO repair my computor or restore

0 Kudos
snowballsss49
1 Copper

i have hit f8 I get the advance menu but no repair my computer comes up

0 Kudos
GeekyMike
1 Copper

I have fixed this problem on at least 20 Dell Laptops by first removing the ram, cleaning both sides with a pencil eraser. Then discharging the residual power from the laptop by removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for at least 20 seconds. This works for the blinking cursor no boot problem without an error code.

0 Kudos

I got the same error how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
MisssJo23
1 Copper

Hello,

The same thing happened to my computer. I have the dell datasafe local backup. But when I try to do the whole fatory restore it doesnt show up on the tool screen. The last one only says Command Prompt. I do not have the Dell Emergency Backup and whatnot. Please help!

0 Kudos