Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2016 13:00

My Dell Insprion 3531 keeps turning off without any warning after getting new battery.

Yes, like the title, my Dell Insprion keeps turning off, no not with Windows telling me it is turning off,but jumping off.  It started like yesterday right when I got my new battery and I already choose to return my battery and to go back to keeping my laptop on a cord *sigh*  But I really want to make sure is this a problem that with my Laptop or the battery? I don't be moving it when it turns off either.  Could it be a setting causing this?It last for a long time sometimes, and sometimes it don't. What do you think, fellow uses?

March 15th, 2016 20:00

Never mind, I will just send the battery back. No need to spend time thinking about the problem when it is pretty obivous.

2K Posts

March 17th, 2016 16:00

Hi THEONESUPERX,

Does the system work fine with the adapter plugged in all the time? If yes, then it seems like the issue could be that the battery is not getting charged. Hence, the system turns off automatically, but would run when the adapter is plugged in. This does not necessarily mean the battery is at fault.

A battery not charging could be isolated to the Adapter, the dc port - that holds the adapter in, the battery itself or the motherboard.

Does the adapter stay in firm when plugged in or do you have to align it in a certain angle for it to work or does it easily fall off? Was this issue seen on the old battery as well?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with the adapter plugged in. Wiggle the adapter jack around and check if the adapter status changes at any point.  Also, check the battery health status under advanced options (if available).

If the system turns off automatically even when the adapter is plugged in all the time, then write to us in detail and we can advise further course of action.

Keep us updated. 

No Events found!