Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2017 05:00

My Dell XPS Experience

Hello everyone,

I have owned this laptop for more than year and a half how and feel like I should share my experiences. I got it in April 2016, having decided to shell out a bit more for a laptop because I was going to university and was going to use it as my main workstation for the coming years.

I thought everything about it looked solid and great but the reality was different. The first 6 months I was getting blue screens all the time and the laptop was running really hot. I fixed most of those problems by tweaking BIOS settings and repasting and changing thermal pads. I initially got the laptop with external GPU support in mind which turned out to be bottlenecked by the XPS's thunderbolt configuration. I then got a dead pixel and the most recent problem is that my battery is swelling and the trackpad does not work correctly because of that.

This is my first Dell laptop and probably the last. If you are the type of guy who has a lot of free time to tweak BIOS settings, read forums and replace parts all the time definitely go for it!

No Responses!
No Events found!