Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2012 09:00

My Dell in 99 Seconds : Laptop Troubleshooting Videos

Hi Dell Community,

Dell has come up with new Support Videos on troubleshooting common Laptop Issues.

Battery/AC adapter Plugged in not Charging

How to update the Bios?

USB Troubleshooting

Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order 

My Laptop Display will not turn on. 

Screen Frozen at the Dell Logo. 

My Laptop will not Power on.

How to connect to a Wireless Network?

How to change Inspiron Switchable Lids?

I will continue to add Support Videos as they become available to me, so watch this space for more.

Please report broken links or inaccurate information to dell_forums@dell.com.

Thank you.

Dell Terms of Use (TOU)

2.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2012 22:00

Excellent video`s Royan.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 3rd, 2012 06:00

A good video to make would be how to use a 16 GIG or Larger USB 2.0 Flash Drive to make a bootable Dell data safe recovery flash drive BEFORE going online or doing anything else.  This drive can be used to restore even if the drive has totally died and its a new blank drive.   So how to make this and how to install to a new drive when you are totally crashed.   The only limitation that I do not like is the fact that the drive must be AT LEAST as large or larger than the original drive aka 500 gig cannot be used if 1TB drive was the original drive.

October 22nd, 2012 05:00

Thanks Royan. Excellent video

October 27th, 2012 10:00

Good

1 Message

November 7th, 2012 18:00

guys, why does it say resource cannot be found, when i click on the vids?

1 Message

November 16th, 2012 06:00

Nice videos

1 Message

November 20th, 2012 09:00

I get the same thing.  Extremely annoying, especially since my problem is that my screen freezes at the Dell logo on a brand new Dell XPS 15 I got, and there appears to be a video on exactly this problem...except it doesn't work.

November 21st, 2012 12:00

I'm in the same situation of CGazley. the link to the video doesn't work!!! I would be very interesting in the video relate to this issue . screen freezes at teh DELL LOGO (the customer care from dell told me that this is a techical issue with the motherboars - not compatible with windows 8..- Dell didn't understand yet how to solve..

4 Posts

November 29th, 2012 13:00

2nd dell laptop to fail me in less than 2 years with pretty similar problems.  Motherboard/cpu failure.  They're suggestion is that i give them more money to solve the problem.  I have a better suggestion... dont put out a dysfunctional product that you know will fail almost directly after the warranty expires. 

Consumers shouldnt be expected to foot the bill when companies put out faulty products and have zero accountability.  Their customer service department is useless, and on occasion rude and easily frustrated with you, not to mention the language barrier.  Also there is NO direct corporate telephone number or email to contact someone when no one else will assist you. 

I strongly urge anyone that sees this, whether a small business or individual, to discontinue use of DELL products now or in the future!

1 Message

December 8th, 2012 22:00

I'm with you buddy. Just purchased my first Dell Laptop and received it two days ago, and on the second time I try to use it, it fails to get past the logo screen. Rang support and they tell me they don't work weekends - great service for a new customer...

This thing is next-to-useless, and it's now starting to look like I purchased an expensive paperweight. I also agree with the language barrier comment.

1 Message

December 14th, 2012 06:00

Hello,

I do not know if I am on the right post. I just need some help with my Dell Latitude 5520.

I have changed my hard disk and reinstalled Windows 7.  My FN key + F3 or + F5 do not work anymore. I Have a dual point touchpad with track stick and normal touchpad and I can hardly write because the track stick cannot be disabled.

I do not know what to do. Apparently it is a simple issue, but I can not find the solution.

In peripherals list, I do not know where is the track stick. I do not find it anywhere. I'm telling myself that maybe the driver was not installed. But if it wasn't why does it work and can't be disabled?

I have understood that after a Windohws reinstall on Latitude one needs to install drivers in a certain order, but as I did not have the information before reinstalling all drivers, I am in trouble now. What can I do?

For a simple task as using the keyboard to write, it becomes really problematic.

Thank you for your help.

AB

2 Posts

December 19th, 2012 20:00

thanks for this great sharing, help me a lot

1 Message

December 22nd, 2012 13:00

They just may be excellent videos if they opened! 'Server Error,  Page no longer exists'!?

December 25th, 2012 20:00

Dear Dell;

Wish I was able to open video before I just spent $240 on a driver issue with Costa Rica Alienware Help.   I cannot open the video for driver issue.  I was having a problem with not being able to connect to the internet wireless, then it went to not at all even wired.  I had a problem with trying to get on line was told I needed to do a back up and restore. I even tried the 2 disk I burned for respawn system recovery back up disks on initial start up of my new computer back in mid Sept.   Did that still not working, then was told to install original installation disk.  Did this and computer would not work anymore.  Was told then I had to pay $240 for a driver installation.  Did this for a fee of $250 plus with tax, and about 3 hours on and off the phone and being on hold and called back every so often.  The Alienware tech was very helpful but could tell he is still learning as well plus had a pretty good accent which was a little bit of an inconvenience.  Now computer is now working I hope as I have to reinstall everything like it was from day one so I lost everything I had on it before.  So why do we have dell data safe, and respawn if it will not work?  I have only had very limited use and bought in late July or Aug.  Seems like it should of been covered under warranty.  I am gone for weeks on end with work and I know no one else has used the computer.  For a computer to stop connecting to internet is not the norm and I did not have a virus issue. 

Thanks Dell Alienware could of used this info about 3 days ago but cannot open it anyway.  So do I burn new disks again for a back up respawn recovery again or will it be another waste of two of my dvd's?  Any help would be appreciated.  Don't get me wrong I like my computer when it is working just have not had the chance to used it since probably November when the problem was happening.   I have Been working since.  Now had a few days to work with computer and had all this hassle.  Would like a refund on the system driver issue!!!!  Or at least a partial.  I believe I got the wrong info and this led me to where i am now.  I would not have had a driver issue if the back up and restore and respawn would of worked as they should have.

Thanks and Happy holidays

Big Johnson10:emotion-18:

1 Message

January 4th, 2013 05:00

Dell's Laptop is best quality and top brad in the worlds..

No Events found!