Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2013 22:00

My Inspiron laptop will not start up

I have my older Dell laptop that shut down the other day and I thought the battery had just ran all the way out, plugged it in left it to charge and when I went back it would not power up at all. My son's new laptop had this issue and the tech support had me press and F key repeatly and I think either hold down the power button or press it and let go? I wanted to try this with my laptop but can not remember what F key or the trick with the power button. Help please, hoping it's not gone had current work and family pictures on it.

Thanks

1 Message

April 30th, 2015 14:00

Hi DELL-AMOGH G,

My laptop wont startup. after  i was removing the dust from the fan, after assembling it back, i pressed the power button and nothing happen. i did try the 20s press, fn + power, nothing happen. when i connect it with the adapter, i can see the battery is charging. it just wont start. Mine is vostro 3400. 

June 30th, 2015 10:00

I am having the same problem ...I am using dell XPS laptop . is there any way to force start the laptop. as its not booting .. the light in the power button is flashing once and then going away ... its happening for a long time . please help

July 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi I need help

when I put my password in it loads me in my deskopt in but the whole screen turns blackish grey 

PLS NEED HELP

1 Message

August 10th, 2015 13:00

hello my name is Robert and I'm have error code 0141 and msg error code 2000_0141 and msg Hard Drive _ NO DRIVE DETECTED

1 Message

September 15th, 2015 01:00

Yes my Inspiron started working again.The batteries removal and refitting and restart resolved the nonstarting issue...Tention over..Thanks many Rajath..

1 Message

October 15th, 2015 15:00

Hello Rajan sir...I was suffering the same problem  your answer  was  helpful for me...Thank you so much.

1 Message

November 14th, 2015 01:00

Hello I'm having this issue where by I can't on my laptop and I tried the 2 methoded u give above vlbut still can't on my lapyop. Please assist me on this. Thank you very much.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2016 12:00

If you do all of this and it still will not start ,the dvd light flashes, the  3 lights flicker vwer weak and it quits over and over. You have to tear it down to the point where you can split the lid and unplug the lithium ion battery, mine was lower left next to the card reader...No main battery, no power cord,  Unplug the little lead that goes to the board for a minute......., plug it back in...... It is the only way to truly clear the board. Its a lot of screws but if I had listened to the guy that said it’s a brick Id be out a lot of dough

1 Message

February 22nd, 2017 00:00

thank you it helped in my case >)

April 7th, 2017 01:00

I did it several times but my laptop still won't open please help

2 Posts

July 4th, 2017 04:00

Dear Rajath,

If the laptop is non-removable battery?

Vostro 5468

Always happen when battery flatted out.

Regards,

Idzuan

2 Posts

September 27th, 2017 13:00

Sir I have done  steps given above but my laptop doesnt on. And yestrday only my warranty period over. What should I do. Can it cure under warranty period in dell centre or not

2 Posts

October 1st, 2017 01:00

Try to do Startup Repair first.

No Events found!