wallar4
1 Copper

RE: My Inspiron 15 won't turn on

Jump to solution

I bought my 15R laptop 3/29/2013. A few months later it wouldn't turn on after sometimes 50 or more attempts. It would try, but then shut down. Almost like trying to start a car that's out of gas. It was turning over, but no go. I never got around to doing anything about it until a few weeks ago. A Dell tech tried multiple ties to service it online, with-out success. Finally they gave in and sent me a box to return it to them for warranty service. It was just retuned to me after 2 weeks. They replaced free of charge under warranty the main mother board. My warranty is about to expire next week on 3/29. Just in time. Back up all your files because everything will be wiped out. Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
alliebee921
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a dell inspiron 15 3531 that beeped when i turned it on. Now it wont start up again. Tried taking the batter out and now it doesn't register that the adapter is  in . What else can i do ive only had it a week

0 Kudos
diamondburned
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Don't know If this will help you or not. But my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15, the one that only has 1 light) once got the same issue. It happened when I'm angry because of a game and smashed hard into the laptop. The monitor then shows black bars. After that I restarted and what I get is 2 noises coming out of each speaker (with little volume) and the light blinked. What I tried to do is to remove the RAM and then place it back. Worked flawlessly.

0 Kudos
Beaner1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My Dell Inspirion service tag [Personal Information Removed per policy]  won't turn on either.  I have tried holding down the power key as described above - also without battery.  I have tried 3 Dell power supplies.  Each time I plug one into the PC (with or without battery) the light on the power supply goes out.  I think there is a short in the power switch circuit.  I'm OK with taking my PC apart and swapping parts, but where do I start?

0 Kudos
Friendly Joe
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey I know that this thread is pretty old but I just recently received a (used) Dell Inspiron 15 3537. I have had some problems with it... well one really. The main problem is that when I plug in the charging cord (not the one that came stock because it is missing, but still a dell one with the same specs) nothing happens. No lights come one, no power, I don't think the battery charges and nothing moves/makes noise. I did notice that when I plugged a flash-drive into the USB ports to see if it had any effect, it did light up the light on the USB... when I press power, same result - zilch happens... any help is welcome. ****IMPORTANT (probably)**** It does not have a hard drive... getting one soon hopefully if it is not toasted computer, but I would think it could boot off USB or at least BIOS from motherboard. I have tried the connect ac with power diagnostics and the resetting ram... but still nothing. PLZ HELP ME BRO!:emotion-42:

0 Kudos
cmeter
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  Would love to know the answer for this one!

0 Kudos
timlahrman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yo Dell dude -- I followed your advice to test a diagnostic power up.  Diagnostics ran fine -- laptop went to reboot and then shut back down.  Will not power up on diagnostics again.  Mine is an Inspiron model 5110 -- bought it in late months of 2012.  Always been happy with my Dell -- this is the first real problem I have had --

Diagnostic test noted only one problem -- battery out .... as you advised.

Any other suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Peppermint8915
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a dell inspiron n5110 will not turn on. With battery in nothing. With battery out and plugged in it three beeps and shuts off. The left hinge is broken. And it was dropped. Any saving it?

0 Kudos
harmon423
1 Copper

Jump to solution

9/10 you can solve problems by reseating the ram module. Take the ram card out and put it back in.

johntgrace
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This Insprion is a complete piece of ***.  It takes all kind of finagling to get it to power on.  Now today, it just decided to not power on at all despite it being on the power cord all freakin day long.  When I plug the power cord in, one light flashes in the front but dies out within a second.  I dumped all of my information onto this sorry-assed laptop and now it is dead.  I've been a great, unofficial rep for Dell.  I tell all of my consulting customer to buy Dell but now I can't get anyone to even talk to me.  Never again Dell.  You ***!!!!

0 Kudos