Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2016 12:00

My Inspiron 5459 is not charging its battery. "AC adapter is not recognized"

The battery stopped charging and the LED light on the laptop won't light up when the ac adapter is connected. The led light on the adapter itself is on. How do I get it to work again?  I also checked the battery status and it said "Excellent". I read somewhere that I should update the bios but now the laptoo won't turn on bevause even the battery is empty. I bought the laptop 10days ago.

2K Posts

July 3rd, 2016 20:00

Hi REINNA,

Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible? When you press the power button on the system, do you see any leds come on atleast for a second or two? Does the light on the adapter stay on and stable when connected to the system or does it go off?

Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. If the system is under warranty, we can help book a service call.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!