Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 22nd, 2013 21:00

My Laptop Makes Beep sound when I press power button and it wont Start

Hello,

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15z touch ultrabook and when I pressed the Power on button, it starts making beeping sound and doesnt start. Screen is totally blank. What to do ? Please help

--- Mayur Gala

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 16:00

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 15r  SE 7520. It beeps constantly and regularly. I can't tell if there is a pattern, it just keeps beeping on and on. It definitely beeps more than eight times. 99 percent of the time I was unable to go into diagnostics, and the one time I was able to go into diagnostics, it seemed like all the tests were fine.

Help please!

-David

2K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 17:00

Hi David,

It is unfortunate that the computer is just beeping. Request you to try following the below steps and check if it helps:

(1) Turn off the computer.

(2) Remove all the external peripherals like AC Adaptor, battery, flash drives, etc.

(3) Press and hold the power button for 30sec. It releases the static on the computer (if any).

(4) Now put back the battery and plug in the charger.

(5) Let the computer charge for some time.

(6) Try turning on the computer.

(7) Check if the computer turns on.

If it doesn’t then you can may make the following observations:

(1) Listen to the computer for any series of beep codes as mentioned in the above posts.

(2) What kind of LED indicators appears on the right side of the computer (if any)?

You may also refer the below picture and answer me

(3) Now try running the diagnostics (F12 at the startup and select diagnostics)

(4) Make a note of the error code that appears (if any).

Do reply with your findings.

2 Posts

June 4th, 2013 22:00

Thanks Kiran,

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

-David 

1 Message

June 6th, 2013 14:00

i have the inspiron n5040 and i am getting 3 beeps please any help to fix this problem

1.5K Posts

June 6th, 2013 14:00

Hi jonbar75,

In Dell Inspiron N5040 three beep code indicates System board failure which may be caused due to one of the following reasons:

• Chipset Error (North and South bridge error, DMA/IMR/Timer error)
  • Time-Of-Day Clock test failure
  • Gate A20 failure
  • Super I/O chip failure
  • Keyboard controller test failure

Try releasing the residual charge and check if you are able to boot the system. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter. Try to restart the computer and check the functionality.

If you are able to boot the system, please perform diagnostics to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Please reply with the results.

1.5K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

Hi laura96,

Please share the System Model and the Operating System installed. Will take it further from there.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

I have the same problem with my laptop it beeps 7 times stops and then again 7 beeps what can I do to fix my laptop ASAP!!!!

1 Message

July 8th, 2013 12:00

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3520 and it had been giving me problems (BSOD multiple times a day) since mid last week and last night when I went to turn it on, all I got was a black screen and 3 beeps. I've had this laptop for less than a year and I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

EDIT: I didn't see that jonbar was having the same problem. I tried releasing the charge and plugging it back in but still nothing, still beeping.

EDIT 2: Never mind, I chatted with somebody and I'm sending my device in for repairs.

1 Message

July 17th, 2013 15:00

Mine has seven beeps. How do I fix this?

1 Message

July 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi please I need your help I need this laptop and it very imp at the moment, it's stopped working and won't turn on and gives me 7 beeps exactly....plzz help I tried everything!!!

7 Posts

August 1st, 2013 10:00

What  does 4 beeps with pause 3x mean?

7 Posts

When i try to turn mine on it has 4 beeps a pause then ddoes the beeps 2 more times with pauses. what does that mean?

807 Posts

Memory failure....reseat the memory and run diagnostics (Boot to F12)

7 Posts

August 1st, 2013 11:00

But  cant get it to even come on.

807 Posts

August 1st, 2013 11:00

Reseat the memory and retry diagnostics. If you still get the same error code / 4 beeps then you need to replace the RAM

hhhhhhh

No Events found!