Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 22nd, 2013 21:00

My Laptop Makes Beep sound when I press power button and it wont Start

Hello,

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15z touch ultrabook and when I pressed the Power on button, it starts making beeping sound and doesnt start. Screen is totally blank. What to do ? Please help

--- Mayur Gala

August 19th, 2013 12:00

Thanks a lot .

1.5K Posts

August 19th, 2013 16:00

Hi Umar,

Glad I was able to help. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2013 23:00

Inspiron 15R N5110
Inspiron 15R N5110 (intel i3)
Service Tag:
I tried that but it's still not working

1.5K Posts

Hi urvp25,

Please share the exact system model and operating system installed. Also, try releasing the residual charge on the system and check if you are able to boot. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter. Try to restart the computer and check.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

2 Posts

my laptop is making 4 beep than small interval than again 4 beep 

1.5K Posts

September 5th, 2013 04:00

Hi urvp25,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Four beep codes in this system indicates Memory Failure (Memory read / write failure). I recommend that you remove and reseat the Memory module and check functionality. You may refer to the Service Manual of this system for instructions on replacing the parts. Please follow the safety guidelines.

Please try using one memory module at a time in both the slots to identify if memory has failed or if there is an issue with the memory slot.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

September 9th, 2013 07:00

I have Same Problem So What I Do Sir...???

1.5K Posts

September 9th, 2013 22:00

Hi Priyank,

Please share the exact system model and operating system installed. Also, share the beep codes pattern that you hear when power on the system. Try releasing the residual charge on the system and check if you are able to boot. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.

1 Message

September 10th, 2013 10:00

My laptop gives 7 beep and the screen is blank when I try to start it .

September 12th, 2013 05:00

Hi manishshetty,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Remove the adapter and then the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Reconnect the battery and the adapter and then turn on the system.

Also, share the exact system model.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

1 Message

September 17th, 2013 09:00

Hi roshan,

I'm getting 8 beep sounds.what should I do now..??could you please help me

1.5K Posts

September 17th, 2013 21:00

Hi Sakiv,

Please share the exact system model and operating system installed. Generally 8 beep error code indicates LCD failure.

2 Posts

September 20th, 2013 08:00

SORRY,.....IT WAS 8 BEEP SOUND WHEN TURN ON THE POWER BUTTON..

NEED HELP...

2 Posts

September 20th, 2013 08:00

hi,

im facing a same problem...

notebook keep 7 beep sound when i press power button...

1.5K Posts

September 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi Yesmeen,

Please share the exact system model and operating system installed. 8 beeps error code mostly indicates LCD failure, however, I'll need to know the system model to assist you better. Also, try releasing the residual charge and check if you are able to boot the system. Here are the steps:

Hope this helps. Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

No Events found!