Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2015 02:00

My Laptop is a Trouble Maker

Hello,

I live in China and I bought M531R-5535 in a big shopping mall kind of place just reserved for electronic market.

I choose this laptop because I never heard someone complained about Dell and configuration seemed good enough to me.

It says it has dual graphic cards and CPU is A8. Seller person insisted it has 8 CPUs.

They said they will install English version of Windows which I later figured out was a fake and win 7.

And if you want to update hardware you should have win 8.

At least Chinese representatives helped me by sending me a new Window but it was Chinese.

I tried to learn how to use it and didn't make a lot of complaints until I installed a game to my laptop.

Basically it was unavailable to play something.

When I go to Turkey I gave it to Turkish maintenance.

They said heat sink, fan and hard disk are not working correctly and installed Turkish Windows.

Also they informed me my laptop is a "demo"

Something just for show, which shouldn't sold to me.

When I returned to China I go there with my friend and informed them about what Turkish maintenance said. I even informed them they should do deep maintenance search so they can see the problems and I asked them not to delete my hard drive.

One week later they called me and said they fixed problems so I go there to take it.

I asked what they have done and learned they fixed all the parts except hard-disk because they didn't do the deep scan and take proper notes.

Also they erased all my data for what? Fun?

I know they could easily back it up. And there is no reason to format it.

I insisted them to solve my hard-disk problem and they accepted after 5 minutes.

Next time I came they said my hard disk is FAKE.

Either I tricked by them or tricked by the person who sold it to me.

Actually since they sold a demo for two times the price I consider myself more than tricked.

I accepted the situation and put my laptop to its bag and sensed some metallic parts moving.

I told them and they opened and took out that piece.

Really sloopy.

Problem is I go to a maintanence place in my country once.

People were jerks. They were formating just for jun, looking at your stuff and copying them, playing with your computer and also doing some harm to your hardware.

So I am really wondering what happened there.

Some time passed I bought Call of Duty.

That laptop is new. So do Call of Duty.

It couldn't run it. I checked system requrements and accepted that I have been tricked.

Yesterday I tried to run a 3 years old game and there were lag even with the lowest settings.

So I am confused. And pissed.

I really wonder who is going to take responsibility?

I have been suffering for one year, there is almost no one is trying to help.

I am open to suggestions?

Money refund, okey?

Let's give a new one? Not the same model please. When I see it i really fell dump because they took twice the price.

I am even willing to pay a bit for a better one.

Please suggestions.

Cihan Serter

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2015 03:00

You will need to contact the seller from whom you purchased the system.  This is a very low-end base model system with essentially no gaming performance.  

2 Posts

March 6th, 2015 01:00

I thought about it already, the problem is i am in China.

That is why everyone is bullying me.

I would prefer a real help from a dell operative too.

Or someone to take responsibility.

How can they sell demo laptop?

Why Dell is allowing it?

How can your IT trying to harm me?

Why Dell China is not really helping?

Etc etc...

If Dell is not willing to protect its customers how can customers protect themselves?!

Don't understand me wrong.

I am just sick of it.

Even writing an email to Dell America is impossible!

I get a suggestion to write to forum.

I never wanted to ask for help on public.

If your laptop is bought in China, you are outside the loop.

Nobody is willing to take responsibility, or take an action.

No one even said i am sorry.

I have been a consumer for years and I have seen how customer relationships solve problems or try to contact with you to at least understand you.

Unfortunately my opinion has highly damaged.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 6th, 2015 03:00

Nothing will fix the fact that you purchased a system not up to running what you want to run.  There's no evidence the system is faulty - it is just too low-end in nature.

Sell the system and purchase one that is up to running the games you want to run.

No Events found!