Highlighted
WaqarAli091
1 Copper

My Laptop is not turning on

3 days ago i turned off my laptop dell inspiron 15 3542 (i3). next day when i pressed button to turn on laptop it did not turn on.

moreover, when i plugged in Charger . charging indicating light did not turned on. i have check the charger and battery with another laptop both are working fine.

yesterday, i . removed the battery and plugged in and out charger several time then laptop turned on and then i inserted battery now battery was charging. charging indicating light is indicating light.

but i turn off  laptop then i have to repeat  process again and agin to turn on laptop.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

RE: My Laptop is not turning on

WaqarAli091,

Shut the computer down and remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Replace the battery, charger and turn it back on to see if that resolved the issue.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
WaqarAli091
1 Copper

not working

0 Kudos
WaqarAli091
1 Copper

this method is not working

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

The LED indictor is lite up on the AC adapter? Is the light solid green or blue?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Also, check if the ID pin inside the plug or adapter port is bent, broken or damaged.

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

0 Kudos
WaqarAli091
1 Copper

every thing is fine with battery and AC adapter. when i plug in and plug out without battery after several time,at last  laptop turns on

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

This is almost certainly a mainboard going bad -- probably a bad cold solder joint somewhere.  It may work for a while but it's likely that someday soon, no amount of fiddling will get it to boot. If the system is in warranty, call Dell -- if it's out of warranty, you're likely to find the cost of replacing a board will be more than 50% of the initial cost of the system - carefully consider your options (a new system might be a better idea).

0 Kudos