Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2017 03:00

My Laptop is not turning on

3 days ago i turned off my laptop dell inspiron 15 3542 (i3). next day when i pressed button to turn on laptop it did not turn on.

moreover, when i plugged in Charger . charging indicating light did not turned on. i have check the charger and battery with another laptop both are working fine.

yesterday, i . removed the battery and plugged in and out charger several time then laptop turned on and then i inserted battery now battery was charging. charging indicating light is indicating light.

but i turn off  laptop then i have to repeat  process again and agin to turn on laptop.

• 

16.6K Posts

September 27th, 2017 05:00

WaqarAli091,

Shut the computer down and remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Replace the battery, charger and turn it back on to see if that resolved the issue.

September 28th, 2017 11:00

this method is not working

September 28th, 2017 11:00

not working

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 28th, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

The LED indictor is lite up on the AC adapter? Is the light solid green or blue?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 28th, 2017 13:00

Also, check if the ID pin inside the plug or adapter port is bent, broken or damaged.

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

September 29th, 2017 12:00

every thing is fine with battery and AC adapter. when i plug in and plug out without battery after several time,at last  laptop turns on

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 29th, 2017 16:00

This is almost certainly a mainboard going bad -- probably a bad cold solder joint somewhere.  It may work for a while but it's likely that someday soon, no amount of fiddling will get it to boot. If the system is in warranty, call Dell -- if it's out of warranty, you're likely to find the cost of replacing a board will be more than 50% of the initial cost of the system - carefully consider your options (a new system might be a better idea).

No Events found!