Fitforgolf
1 Nickel

My computer is VERY Hot!

Why is the bottom of my computer so hot?  Even on my lap when I make sure it can breathe, it just doesn't seem it should be so hot.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
9 Rhodium

Re: My computer is VERY Hot!

You should not be running it on your lap - it should be used on a hard, flat surface only.

Have you run the Dell diagnostics to verify the operation of the fan(s)?  f12 at powerup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mmainprize
3 Argentium

Ya right, maybe they should call these desktops instead of laptops
0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

It's been a long time since I've seen Dell or any of the others call them laptops - they're called notebooks.

0 Kudos
wildhogs3
2 Iron

Hi,

Dell calls them laptops. No one really calls them notebooks.

Austin

0 Kudos
notladstyle
3 Silver

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?~ck=anav&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

They are called laptops on dells homepage.

0 Kudos
oldfield
3 Zinc

Call them what you will they do get hot when on your lap.  There was a lady on these boards complaining her notebook got so hot it stained her legs.  

Hot Notebooks

George
0 Kudos
Fitforgolf
1 Nickel

.....back to the original subject...not what my computer is called.....I was just wondering if my "PC" should become hot on the bottom or not!  Smiley Surprised)
0 Kudos
wildhogs3
2 Iron

Hi,

Yes, it is common for your laptop to heat up at the bottom. Of course if you notice any lagging in performance or video problems when your laptop heats up it might be a graphics card issue.

Austin

0 Kudos