When I leave work, and close the lid of lapto it goes into hibernation mode. Arriving home, I open the laptop and turn it on with the power button. First, the monitor displays the BIOS splash screen, and then loads the window, but then the screen is lit in gray and there is no possibility to enter a password. Today, having come to work, I spent exeperimental.
1) Turn on the computer, a gray screen.
2) Connect the docking station to a stationary monitor all appeared.
3) I came in, worked, shut the cover - the laptop went into hibernation.
4) Turn on the computer, do not disconnect the docking station, a gray screen on the laptop, on a stationary monitor power saving mode.
5) Reconnect the docking station to a stationary monitor all appeared.
Updated window to update all drivers, update the firmware docking station. Nothing helped!
Dell experts help please it is not convenient to work!
It appears to me that the operating system hibernation is the culprit and not hardware. Test this at the end of you work day.
* Do not close the lid to enable hibernation
* Shutdown properly =
Click Start- Shutdown- Shutdown- Ok or Click Start- Turn Off Computer- Turn Off
Tap the lower left Start button to open the Start Menu
Click the Power Options button on the top middle, and select Shut down
Right-click the bottom left corner on the desktop to open the menu, tap Shut down or sign out and choose Shut down
Click the down arrow, choose Shut down in the list and tap OK
* Then close the lid
* Once home =
Connect the laptop to whatever dock
Open the lid and power it on
Thx for quik reply!
But i can't power off my pc because i working with many count of mails , and then i came home i need all of this ....
You should be able to save all your work, close the applications (emails), shutdown. Reboot, then open the applications at a later time. If you cannot so that we can test to see if Hibernation is the culprit, there is nothing else we can do.
I fix it....
Small guide for all:
1) Go to dell.com and download all latest drivers and bios update.Not use dell update,download all from site.
2) Go to intel web site and download chipset and video driver.I use intel update software.
3) Install all updates for Windows from update menu in control panel.
4) Turn off your laptop,goto bios and disable fastboot(make all tests while booting).
Now sleep and hybernate mode work fine for me!