senthilv
1 Copper

My new XPS1330 screen keeps blanking out

My new XPS1330 laptop screen often blanks out. The frequency has increased in the last couple of weeks. I initially thought it was the OS (Windows Vista 64bit), but re-installing did not fix it and I have gotten it to repro when it is still in the BIOS setup screen (F2 on startup) - so I am reasonably certain it is a hardware problem. Has anyone else faced the same problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
golfr
1 Copper

Re: My new XPS1330 screen keeps blanking out

My new studio xps 1330 running Vista 64 bit freezes at anytime and fairly often. I would like to know the solution to stop the current program without improperly shutting down the computer. On my older laptop running XP Pro, I could use Ctrl Alt Del, but have not found a way to do this in Vista. Do you have any knowledge regarding this? 

0 Kudos
jasonkennett
1 Copper

Re: My new XPS1330 screen keeps blanking out

Senthilv,

I am experiencing the same problem as you are describing on my XPS1330 with a recently installed Vista 64bit Ultimate OS.  On start up, I can hear the operating system starting normally, but the screen is blank.  The screen is not dead, but black - if that makes any sense.  I can't get anything to display (F2 on startup etc...) so a I am leaning towards hardware as the problem.

Have you made any progress with your issue?

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos