Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2014 01:00

My wifi is not working.

Hi, I've bought my dell inspiron 3521 core i3 3217U (1.8 GHz) 3.5 months back. Earlier my laptop ran on Win 7 64 bit. But just 5 -6 days back I planned and installed Win 8.1 64 bit. But since then my wifi driver is not working. I've switched on Win 7 64 bit again to solve the problem but the problem was still there. I've gone through several blogs and Dell community solutions and install different versions of driver but none works. Now I am using local wimax service to use internet but I need the wifi driver to be work properly as I travel a lot in different countries where I need wifi service. Somebody please help immediately. If anyone can help to solve my problem through team viewer please inform me. Thanks.

18 Posts

March 25th, 2014 04:00

Okay. I am assuming that you have removed the Dell WLAN software completely. After the reboot, go to:

http://tinyurl.com/m5r2pte

Download the file that says Hard Drive 265 MB. Install it and reboot. You might notice that it takes a long time for installation for finish. Stay patient. After reboot check and let me know.

18 Posts

March 25th, 2014 03:00

Hi Riaz,

I completely understand that. first of all, go to Control Panel---> Programs and Features. Uninstall Dell WLAN software completely. After that reboot the system. I know it can be quite irritating and frustrating to install drivers multiple times but let us try it one more time. Please share the service tag/Express Service Code of the system. It would be located on the sticker at the bottom of the laptop. Also, may I know what is the OS that is currently installed? I will then give you a driver download link based on the service tag/express service code and it will work. I am assuming other devices are working fine on this wireless network.

18 Posts

Please share the Express Service Code of the system and the current OS that you are using. I will give you the driver links.

11 Posts

Hey Rick, Thank you very much for your reply. I've seen your other suggestion in previous posts and accordingly I've install all the drivers as per the serial given in there. Yesterday night I've install the operating system and follow the serial of driver to be installed. Now if you want I can give you my product code and then can you then suggest me the drivers to be installed please. I am totally screwed now to work on the same issues for last 5 days. Thanks Riaz.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Riaz Ashekin,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

18 Posts

Hi,

I want to know when you installed the drivers, was the installation successfull? Can you share a screenshot of the device manager?

11 Posts

Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed as per privacy policy>OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit Spring 2013 update. Also note that I've update my BIOS from A04 to A12 from the recommended device software of Dell. Thanks.

11 Posts

Hi Muneeb, I installed the drivers yesterday night for the last time. And also I tried the same thing for last 3 -4 days but the same result. After installing all the device software all are ok but the wifi. It shows Network Controller as unknown device on device manager. Also note that after install the wifi device software my Bluetooth works ok but the wifi doesn't. Thanks.

18 Posts

For adding screenshots, when you click on reply, go to Options at Top, next to compose and add the screenshot. 

18 Posts

I understand that part. Try the link that I gave you. If it does not help, let me know.

11 Posts

Also note I've installed the wifi driver but it doesn't show in the control panel. But still the Bluetooth is working as the driver was for wlan & BT.

11 Posts

Dear Muneeb, Can you tell me how to update screenshot here. I want to show you my device manager and control panel program images. And by the way thank you very much for your supports. Riaz.

11 Posts

March 25th, 2014 06:00

Dear Muneeb, I really wants to thank you for your support brother. You give me relief from a big headache. Till yesterday I was just annoyed with a DELL laptop. But today I am feeling happy that I do have a dell laptop and are connected with you people. Thank a ton to you and also to Rick. Riaz.

18 Posts

March 25th, 2014 06:00

Dear Riaz,

I am glad the issue has been taken care of. Take care. Have a great day ahead.

11 Posts

April 11th, 2014 05:00

Hi Muneeb,

Hope you are doing well. I need another support from you brother. As you already have all the details of my laptop on the top of the discussion can you kindly provide me the list of drivers (all device drivers) for windows 7 64bit. 

It is necessary for me as some programs I am having is not compatible with windows 8.1.

Thanks.

Riaz Ashekin 

No Events found!