Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2016 20:00

N5010 - Blank Screen - No Beeps

Hi Service Team,

My Dell inspiron N5010 was in sleep/hibernate by closing the lid which i usually do. Usually i would reopen the lid and press start which would resume the OS, but this time only the power button back light got lighted up and fan started working but nothing on screen, not even the dell logo. The screen is completely blank. Also system is instantly turning off on hitting power button, with in no second. Also, on hitting the power button power light stays, cpu light blinks once and goes off forever.

This also happened in my last boot, that time I thought battery is going dead and for that screen is hung so I immediately plugged in charger and it started working. But as it happened again today, I started looking into it and tried below options which did not help:

1. Tried to plug in charger and start.

2. fn+power button for tests

3. remove battery and try to start using charger

4. removing battery and hitting power button for 45 secs that was said to solve/reset hibernate issue if any, then replace battery and try starting up.

All of the above options have failed. Please suggest any other possible way to restart if its in my scope. Also, please tell the possible issue if it a lcd problem or hdd problem or any other problem and  how to resolve it.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 10th, 2016 16:00

:emotion-2:

I'd suggest you run diagnostic tool on the system. It will scan for any possible hardware issue that might be causing the system to act up

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously. You should be diagnostic screen. After quick tests, run full tests as well. Please report back any error code.

www.youtube.com/watch

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 10th, 2016 16:00

4. removing battery and hitting power button for 45 secs that was said to solve/reset hibernate issue if any, then replace battery and try starting up.

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming you power off system and then remove battery, correct ? If yes, then I'd suggest you power on the system, remove AC adapter and all peripherals, and then remove battery. Press "power on" button for 25 seconds, replace battery, adapter, and then power on the system. Hopefully your system starts normally.

Just in case you need manual:

Inspiron 15 Intel (N5010) Setup Guide

No Events found!