Girith
1 Copper

N7110 GPU swap

I have Nvidia GT525M and well, it's not enough for me now. I know GPU is soldered to the motherboard and I'd have to replace the whole thing, but I am willing to do whatever it takes (apart from buying a new laptop, cause college kids don't earn nearly enough to do it) to upgrade. Does Dell offer a service like this and if so, what would the GPU options be and for what price?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: N7110 GPU swap

Hi Girith,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, Dell does not offer this type of service, they will only restore the computer back to the original specifications it shipped with.  Even if you wanted to do this on your own, it would probably cost more than what you could purchase a new computer for, with sales running at about $200, it would be difficult to replace the motherboard, screen, and other items needed to get it where you want it to be.  Have you checked the Dell Outlet?

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: N7110 GPU swap

There is no real upgrade option - what you have is the best you can get with that chassis short of buying a newer system.

0 Kudos