Highlighted
sms1976
1 Nickel

NVidia Quadro 5000m Availability on Precision M6500?

I had priced out a couple of Precision Workstations with the Quadro M5000 graphics card awhile ago. This was after waiting nearly 6 months after the announcement of them last fall. Then I went to configure the workstation again, and that card is no longer available.

What happened? Does anyone know where that went? Google searches, chats with tech support, and searching the Dell website haven't turned up any explanation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gnkarch
1 Copper

Re: NVidia Quadro 5000m Availability on Precision M6500?

your not the only one out there with that specific question on your mind.. i tried to get a some answears reg this from the chat experts, no proper explanation was offered.

would be good if someone from dell could shed light on this issue, i am a long time dell precision laptop user.. wouldnt like to change to HP, but if no one can explain this i might have no choice and opt for the Elite Book by HP

0 Kudos
sms1976
1 Nickel

Re: NVidia Quadro 5000m Availability on Precision M6500?

I agree. I wish someone would shed light on this, as we were just about ready to pull the trigger on a couple of them until they pulled the 5000m.

On a side note, we found that the latest Quadro driver from NVidia works for the FX3500m in the Precision M90 with Windows 7. That's the first compatible driver that has been released since 2007. It must have been a mistake to make it work with the 3500m, as it's not even listed as compatible. We are pretty happy with that, and after adding Intel SSD's and that driver, the M90's are working well for now.

0 Kudos